[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ I'd like to give password manager a try, I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: keepass_512x512.png (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
keepass_512x512.png
36 KB, 512x512
Hi /g/ I'd like to give password manager a try, I heard about KeePass, is it good? Would you recommand it?
>>
>>54426699
fuck, what if someone takes away my keepass db and cracks the 4 letter password?

how to protect from this?
>>
File: your_shit___fuck_it.png (196 KB, 485x409) Image search: [Google]
your_shit___fuck_it.png
196 KB, 485x409
>>54426699
Yes, I would

but beware...

Your key file for keepass has to be carried with the program, there is no buit-in secure cloud function..

You'll have to integrate it into dropbox, your own cloud or whatever... OR... Just carry it on a flash drive on your keys.
>>
>>54426699
It's very good, highly recommend. Been using it for several years without a problem.

I haven't had to enter a login in probably 3 years now.
>>
>>54426699
Nah, use Dashlane.
>>
>>54426699
I'm fiddling with it too,using just for some specific stuff until I'm confident it wont ruin my life by corrupting or losing the keyfile.

>>54426765
Do you have a plugin for automatic insertion? I'm using PassIFox extension for firefox.
>>
>>54426765
this

Also Keepass2Android for seamless android integration and cloud sync.
>>
KeepassX senpai.
>>
>>54426699

> password manager

b o t n e t
o
t
n
e
t
>>
>I'd like to give password manager a try

Why? Are you mentally retarded? What shit browser are you using that doesn't remember your passwords?
>>
>>54429878
nice b8 m8
>>
>>54426699
Enpass is the most comfy passord manager
Cloud Sync (Cloud of your choice)
256bit AES
Fingerprint Support
TOTP Support
Can be used on every fucking platform
Browser Plugins for automated login

Works like a charm. But the mobile App costs about 10bucks if you have more than 25 entries
>>
>>54430120
Nice shitpost, you mentally retarded meme spouting redditor.
>>
>Key manager gets hacked
>All of your passwords are vulnerable
You may as well just use one password for everything
>>
>>54430687
yeah because having your passwords saved in your browser where they can be accessed by anyone on your computer is so much better than a password manager that stores your passwords on an encrypted database, are you really that retarded?
>>
I use Keepassx and have database files on seperate backups and update them from time to time.

It's super convenient for throwaway accounts and junk.
>>
>2016
>not storing your passwords in an encrypted text file
kek I thought this was a place for people who actually knows something about technology but I guess I was wrong
>>
>>54430667
Basically a worse Keepass.
>>
>>54430737
That's why you make sure not to have a master password that is easily cracked. Mine is OnTheSeventhDayTheLordSaidUntoAllNiggersToFuckingKillThemselevesLikeTheSubhumansTheyAre
>>
>OP and subsequent supporting posts are all full of typos and bad phrasing
I think someone's shilling their botnet.
>>
>>54431797
>shitposting
I think someone's mentally retarded.
>>
If you're willing to host your own cloud solution to sync to your devices KeePass is alright, though Enpass is a lot nicer. LastPass is pretty much the only good solution if you're not willing to host your own sync solution, but it's owned by LogMeIn now so I don't recommend it.
>>
>>54431767
what do you think KeePass you retard
>>
File: 1379940161673.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1379940161673.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>54430687
>mentally retarded meme spouting redditor
>>
It's easier to just create one password and use it for every website you sign up to that wouldn't matter if someone knew the password to. Anything important should be your own created password because you might need to use it but can't use keepass. Just use it to create one throwaway password.
>>
>>54432719
>what do you think KeePass you retard
Learn how to construct a comprehensible sentence before you call someone a retard.
>>
>>54426717
Use a 5 letter password XD
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.