[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many Optional offers would you tolerate before you completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (147 KB, 1378x905) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147 KB, 1378x905
How many Optional offers would you tolerate before you completely abandon software?

There used to be just one optional offer and adobe cuck shills would say "you can just uncheck the box".

Now there are two offers. Is is still not a big deal?

At what point do optional offers become malware? 10 optional offers? 100?
>>
>>54426373
>At what point do optional offers become malware? 10 optional offers? 100?
It doesn't matter, flash player is already malware without any optional offers
>>
>>54426406

Then why is there still backwards compatibility built in to most modern browsers?
>>
>>54426373
Adobe Flash was always malware and that's why we all fuckin dropped it.
xvideos uses HTML5. Don't bother installing it.
>>
>>54426606
>Then why is there still backwards compatibility built in to most modern browsers?

why is it still supported by modern browsers?
>>
If it's software I update regularly, even one borders on being too many. Otherwise I don't care because I'm only having to deal with it once.
>>
>>54428259
Chrome is the most popular browser currently, and it dropped Flash support.
>>
>>54428321
>

flash is built into chrome
>>
>>54426373
I don't care how many optional features are included in the program for as long as you can one-click prevent installation of these optional features and you will not get any pop-ups suggesting you to download and install those optional features unless you demand to do so by yourself.
Many good freeware and shareware programs are provided at no cost to end-user and they don't have any sort of ads built-in, so for developers those optional features are just a way to make some money.
>>
>>54428342
Still? Chromium comes without Flash out of the box, I always assumed Chrome did so too.
>>
>WWE Network won't add HTML5 players
>>
>>54428372
Nor Twitch, despite their optimistic claims to the contrary.
>>
>>54426373
To bad Jobs didn't get his way. He wanted Flash dead by 2014.

I wonder what Newgrounds' plan is now the everyone is moving away from Flash. Haven't gone to NG in 7 years, I used to be a flash animator.
>>
>>54426373
I uninstalled Flash from my private machine. Too dangerous since I use the machine for online banking.
In office I still have to keep Flash installed since our web based CRM software requires it to work (retarded design).
>>
>>54428395
Use livestreamer
>>
>>54428499
If I use livestreamer, does that make Twitch add HTML5 players to their site?

There are workarounds for most everything done in Flash. That isn't the same as the service itself abandoning Flash.
>>
>>54426373

>the year of our lord 2016
>using the normie web installer

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
>>

I've already blacklisted three programs I once used daily because they started adding the OpenCandy malware to their installers.
>>
>>54428574
> WARNING
>This page and the download links will soon be decommissioned and will be replaced by a new Adobe Flash Player distribution portal that will require a valid distribution license to access.

#REKT

Deal with it, shitlord.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.