[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kubuntu or Ubuntu mate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Kubuntu or Ubuntu mate
>>
Whichever desktop environment you prefer you fucking moron
>>
OS X
>>
why ask us? whatever you like. probably windows if you even have to ask
>>
>>54426169
explorer.exe
>>
>>54426197
I want to try new os.But i cannot decide between kubuntu or ubuntu mate
>>
>>54426238
Install Ubuntu or Xubuntu.
All other versions are shit.
>>
very different experiences.
I arch + kde on my personal machine, I don't really like the new plasma5, but at least it is stable now.
I use ubuntu mate at work because I have to use 14.04, might as well use something where I get the benefits of old.
The switch from kde4 to plasma5 was really painful, so I don't want to switch between the two when I go back and forth from my work machine and my personal machine.

What do you look for in a desktop environment?
If you don't know / don't have any expectations, mate is really good. It is fast, the panel has plugins.

Kde uses more memory, but often feels faster to use as it knows what you want to do.
It has a good launcher and a lot of features so if you like to tinker with everything and have a computer made within this decade, kde is really good.
>>
>>54426283
This
You can then just install KDE or MATE.
>>
>>54426169
debian mate
>>
>>54426169
I like ubuntu mate. It's good, easy to find all the settings and pretty comfy.

I never managed to achieve the same comfiness with Kubunu, but also never used it for more than a couple days at a time.
>>
File: C2IxW.jpg (139 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
C2IxW.jpg
139 KB, 940x627
>>54426169
Lubuntu since it´s better and lighter than kubuntu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.