[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>who else here /only buys used hardware/? Got a 2500k + z(?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1462543509558.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462543509558.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>who else here /only buys used hardware/? Got a 2500k + z(?) asrock board + 8gb ram for 200ausbux, and a brand new gigabyte g1 970 from some sketchy cunt for like 400ausbux, box still in shrinkwrap. Damn I pity buying new cucks.
>inb4 'hurrr stop being poor'.
I'm not poor, I'm just fiscally responsible.
>>
Fuck I meant to leave a space, butchered that greentext
>>
I do, from a risk/reward perspective buying used hardware is the best investment.

Alot of times you can find up to 30-40% discounts on things that have literaly been used for weeks, and you'll get the receit with it too.

The only reason not everybody does it is because people are naturaly risk averse and inflate the actual risk of buying a defective 2nd hand product.

Ofcourse you have to be a little smart and avoid the shit that looks too good to be true and posts that are suspicious
>>
depends what it is. I buy used cars and I'd buy a used thinkpad. I probably wouldn't buy used underwear
>>
>>54423745
Hell yes. The fuck I look like buying a video card for 600 dollars when I can get one ever so slightly inferior for half that or even less used?

Literally every electronic device I own besides my PS4 is used, and that's because I won it at Dave and Busters. I got my current quad core 8gb 1tb build for 200 bucks from some dude on craigslist who tears down corporate workstations and wipes them for resale. Took his number and now I go to him for dirt cheap hardware. About to score a new graphics card from him soon to replace the used 8800GT I got a couple years ago for $50 off Leddit.

I'm not poor either. I could buy these things new if I want, I just don't see the point. I buy things on a staggered release unless they are something that needs to be enjoyed at original release like multiplayer games. I don't buy bleeding edge hardware or first generation technology like VR because I know if I wait a few months I can get the same experience or probably better for less money since they've had time to iron out all the kinks and the novelty has worn off which drives down price.

Feels pretty fucking good, man.
>>
>>54423745
I'm definitely buying used (and chinkshit) because poor. But so far I've got some pretty good refurb and chinkshit so it's ok.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.