[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ONEDRIVE HAS STARTED SINKING https://support.office.com/en-u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: OneDrive-Logo-800px.jpg (21 KB, 800x343) Image search: [Google]
OneDrive-Logo-800px.jpg
21 KB, 800x343
ONEDRIVE HAS STARTED SINKING
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Microsoft-OneDrive-storage-changes-bf91132d-d0cb-4cbb-96ba-86278c5c1c2f?WT.mc_id=PART_OneDrive-Unknown_OneRM_StorageChanges_FAQ&ui=en-US&rs=en-AU&ad=AU

What Online Storage Provider Are you Using? Do you host yourself?
Are you happy with it? what have you saved online?

i for one have my whole 4chan folder saved online.
>>
>>54422564
I use OneDrive with Office365 subscription.
So I have 1TB space available.
Only downside is that there is no Linux sync Client.

Right now I'm just using Windows, so there is no proplem with it.

It's pretty good I guess. Mobile app is nice. Synching isn't always the fastest but whatever.

I store almost everything in OneDrive. Currently I use about 200GB.
Files that need to be hidden, even from microsoft itself, are encrypted on the fly with cryptomator (pay-what-you-want model)
Cryptomator even has mobile apps, which is nice
>>
Currently using Google Drive because Android. Guess I'm happy with it, I don't store too much.
>>
I host my own with owncloud on my raspberry pi. I have about 3 synced backups across machines.
>>
I don't need cloud storage but if I did, I would buy 1TB for a year from idrive which is 80% off. I don't know what the price for a terabyte on other clouds, is £11 a good price?
>>
>What Online Storage Provider Are you Using?
none, because I'm not stupid.
are you stupid?
>>
I don't use this... thing.

Is there any benefit to disabling it on Windows 10? I haven't looked up how to disable it btw.
>>
wait
isnt this news from 2015?
>>
>>54422564

Amazon cloud because they gave it to me for free for a year. Loaded it with images I wouldn't care if my boss at work saw.

After that, getting rid of it. Using cloud storage after Snowden makes you so fucking stupid, you deserve whatever happens when NSA/hackers get through with you.
>>
I use Onedrive because my whole family has an Office 365 sub
>>
>>54423320

Oh god, the NSA is going to discover my repository of pirated comics!

Wait a minute... That's not harmful or dangerous at all, even if it were to happen. You're just an absolutist retard.

Had me going there for a minute!
>>
>>54422564
This is old news m8

OneDrive because it's integrated into my designated OS
>>
>>54422564
Simply ebin, I was using onedrive for secondary backups of documents n shit.
>>
It's not sinking at all, making better use of it.

Also this is old news, they put up a site so anyone with 15G could click a button and keep their free 15G.

I got my email a few weeks ago notifying me about keeping mine.
>>
File: 0000000.jpg (46 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
46 KB, 340x314
>>54422564
>using cloud services
>ever
>>
MEGA
>>
>>54422564
Omg. I literally store everything there. Now I will have to move my cloud to iCloud @ Apple inc. all rights reserved :(
>>
>>54422564
Fucking faggots, I have like 25GB of stuff on Onedrive. I use it to keep stuff synced between my desktop, laptop, phone etc. What should I use now?
>>
>>54423736
Being jewed by Apple is actually an improvent these days compared to using Spycrosoft software.
>>
I upload AES encrypted 7zip archives to Google Drive.
>>
>>54423485
>lol why so autistic xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD nobhin to hiede guise lool
>>
>>54422564
Dropbox.
I use encrypted archives.
>>
>>54423771
Yeah. This is kind of what I meant. I have been using M$ online tools for ages now. I used to be a WP developer and, well, once you go in it's hard to go back from using something.
But man, even the quality of the online tools is shit. OneNote is the most laggy piece of shit I ever used on any device except this running window 8+. iOS app takes around 140 mb to install, loads 10x slower than safari with 15 tabs. On ubuntu I am forced to use the online version which often simply refuses to load my notebooks (wat).

But the UI of onedrive is cool and simple. It's a shame that M$ constantly fucks everything up.
>>
>>54423782
nothing illegal on my cloud storage why should i worry about the government seeing it
>>
>>54423860
>pirated material
>nothing illegal
ok
>>
>>54423900
not him and no proofs that it's pirated
>>
>>54423675
m8 that shit is going down soon
>>
>>54423905
When I did my masters I had to follow a course detention law, which was given by a prison warden. We also got to visit his prison and interview prisoners, which was really fun.

But he said: only dumb criminals go to jail. Almost every single one here is simply an idiot. Otherwise they wouldn't be in here.
>>
>>54422908
is the office subscription worth it?
i'm above the new limit by like 3GB and that's not gonna go down, so i'm thinking about going the money way.
>>54423815
i wish only the online tools where shit
windows 10 mail is still not capable of reliably showing attachments to your emails
i mean holy fuck this is massively important to companies, how have they not fixed that
>>
4shared, lol
>>
>>54424284
Is that another 4chan website for uploading stuff?
>>
>>54422564
the onedrive desktop client is fucking horrible anyway and regularly shits itself for no particular reason

why wouldn't you just run an owncloud instance?
>>
>>54424284
yes xaxaxaxaaxa
>>
>>54422564

I use OneDrive.

Works flawlessly on desktops.

The shitty Android implementaton with word is prqctically unusable. It ignores updates to the cloud file and forces you to work from a local version. You can't force it to pul from the cloud either.
>>
>>54422564
>t Online Storage Provider

I still don't understand the point of it? You can't backup personal documents that way, too insecure same as work related shit. I guess may for schoolwork sure but anything more confidential is a nono.

Family photos? Nope. Movies and music? Nope.

Who uses these things. Maybe I'm too paranoid.
>>
>>54424351
>xaxaxaxaaxa
*tips Ushanka*
>>
edward snowden has truly, honestly broken some peoples' minds on this web site.

shrieks of botnet until nobody even knows or cares what it means any more. DATA SECURITY is the new apocalypse prepping, for the vitamin-D deficient.
>>
OneDrive. 40GB free because I denying the space the storage reduction on December.
>>
>>54423320
Encrypt everything before you store it up there. Simple. GPG ftw
>>
>>54422564
Why does Microsoft keep doing this?

They can't stop themselves from premature-Jewing, shooting themselves in the foot market share-wise.
>>
Microsoft disposed instructions (clicking a simple link) to retain 15GB for free, it worked.
>>
Google drive, it works and even though it sorta bugs me, the collection of data doesnt effect me much so I dont worry about it.
>>
>>54422564
That kinda sucks.
>you make a gift to someone saying that it is free forever
>you come back in a few years with a baseball bat and take your present back
I don't need all that 40 gigabytes of storage, because my OneDrive folder is just slightly bigger than 2 gigs, but still. I don't see a single reason to tolerate a company who is doing something like this. Time to move to appol, because new outlook mail is a laggy bloated piece of shit as well.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-07_14-41-14.png (97 KB, 709x629) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-07_14-41-14.png
97 KB, 709x629
I never used it anyway but it looks like if you have over 15gb of stuff in it you might be loosing it soon.

lol indian givers.
>>
>>54426130
wouldnt any reasonable company just allow the current people with 15gb to be sort of grandfathered in and keep that, but have new users get the 5gb?
>>
What happens to stuff like the Bing bonuses?
>>
>>54426194

M$ is not just unreasonable, they are downright evil, they want to push this cloud bullshit on their users so fucking hard then roll back the free features unless you pay. Then they have the gall to say it was a "difficult business decision", it's an outright money grab and it's not the first or last time they are going to do it.
>>
>>54426220
You can keep them for $4.99/month* or pre-order a Yearly Friends & Family bundle for 49.99$/year*.

*Price is a subject of change at any time if we will decide to make much more difficult business decisions.
>>
>>54422564
>ONEDRIVE HAS STARTED SINKING
>started
>posts news from a fucking year ago
Where have you been?

I still get 1TB through OneDrive which is more than I need. If I need to sync/backup more than that, I can use either CrashPlan or my own NAS to handle it.

>>54426194
That is literally exactly what you can do. They call it the loyalty bonus and I already have it applied to my account.
>>
>>54426416
>>posts news from a fucking year ago
well, microsoft send me this right now basically
>>
>>54423900
>pirated material
>illegal
Do you live in Japan, anon? There's nothing illegal about pirated material in the U.S.
>>
>>54423320
Well the only thing I keep on OneDrive is school documents to easily transfer things between my surface and desktop. So I really don't care if the NSA looks at my solids notes.
>>
>>54423320
>Using cloud storage after Snowden makes you so fucking stupid, you deserve whatever happens when NSA/hackers get through with you.
Just encrypt anything sensitive you fucking clod. You can do stuff in a manual manner like encrypted .zip/.7z files, setting up TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt volumes, or even using automated software like myself with BoxCryptor that encrypts everything locally.

There's plenty of ways to securely use cheap, plentiful cloud storage from the larger providers even if they don't provide completely privacy and security ala SpiderOak.
>>
>go to onedrive to check my plan
>using 11 GB out of 30gb
>30gb
wat
there is no 30gb plan
will i just lose the 10gb free from image upload? or will it revert to 5gb?
>>
>>54426608
You lose the 15GB from camera roll and the 15GB free reverts to 5GB
>>
>>54426635
thanks for the clarification
office 365 is free to a year right now, so i suspect they want to push people to subscribe to that
>>
>>54424226
Yes. But only if you have to use Microsofts Office Products. Just for 1TB OneDrive it's not worth it
>>
>>54426671
>>54426654
you can just take the free year and then modify your subscription to not renew
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 576x1024
>>54426635
People still using Microsoft's free service deserve their doom. Hotmail will soon be subscription based bundled with Office360.
>>
>>54426130
>>54426302
Did any of you read the article?

"If you have a free OneDrive plan and will be over your storage quota as a result of these changes:

If you are a free user and have over 5 GB of content in your OneDrive, you will receive an email with an offer to claim a free 1-year subscription to Office 365 Personal*, which includes 1 TB of storage."
>>
I apparently have 53GB on mediafire, no idea how I got them. Guess I'll put some of my stuff there.
>>
>>54422564
Baidu 1TB storage
I embrace the superior Chinese botnet.
>>
Migrated my stuff to dropbox, which is free 7.5gb for me, not a big deal considering superior dropbox bandwidth and multi-platform support. I was thinking about google drive, but ffs they've made it so bloated with shitton of other bundled services.
>>
>>54427572

That's hardly free. Go suck microdick elsewhere.
>>
>>54423602

I got a year of office 365 for free as a bonus for opting in to keeping that storage. Its shitty that new accounts are so small, makes it hard to recommend despite being a pretty good service.
>>
>>54423602
Where? I didn't get the main.
>>
>>54432612
*mail
>>
Get stack storage by transip 1TB for free.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.