[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pain during work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Jellyfish.jpg (758 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfish.jpg
758 KB, 1024x768
I work as a software engineer and due to my work my back has gone to shit.

Since my childhood I had scoliosis, doctors noticed one of my shoulder is lower than the other(I was around 16 yrs old).

They scared the shit out of me to go the therapy and such. Hometown wasn't a very safe place. So I did some workout at home, found a website but it wasn't regural so it wasn't effective.

Now I'm 25 yrs old and sometimes my pain hurts like hell. To restrain the pain I started to doing it again, I can fit it to my timetable luckily. Also I'm considering yoga.

Have you got any similiar illness? If yes how do you treat it?
>>
>>54422327
go to traumatologist, her gonna get you xrays, check your legs, spine, rule out herniated discs

work out your CORE muscles, "williams" routine exercises are god send for me

try to stand more, and often rather than sitting, sitting really fucks up peoples back its not natural to rest the whole torso weight on the spine
>>
>>54422520
basically GET FIT so your lift and stand your weight on your muscles, not your spine
youll feel much better
>>
>>54422520
>>54422526
Try to work STANDING up , get a tall stool, just try it, youll see the difference night and day
>>
If you're a side sleeper like I am, try sleeping on your back or front a few nights a week. That seems to help me a bit.
>>
>>54422327
planks also work wonders to keep your core strong

you dont have to live in pain anon, look up sleeping positions like >>54422542
mentions
>>
>>54422327
> not using a recliner chair with keyboard in lap. Tfw perfect back
>>
What's your curvature like?

Mine got to 67 degrees on the lower curve and 30 on the upper curve. I had to have spinal fusion surgery since it was pressing on my organs.

Having metal rods drilled into your sides is no fucking joke.
>>
>>54422614
Should have been spine.
>>
>>54422327
You're probably fucked OP.

Get your current state assessed by a professional, and do whatever they say. Don't just self-treat, that's nowhere near good enough.

Your shit American healthcare system would probably rather bankrupt you than help you.

The alternative is to end up curled over like a hunchback by the time you're 40, with your spine crushing your lungs so you're unable to breathe.

Source: A relative of mine had really bad scoliosis, requiring multiple life-threatening spine surgeries to correct it, now has two metal rods up her spine, and can't stay in the same position for more that 3 hours without being in pain.
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
>I work as a software engineer and due to my work my back has gone to shit.

>he fell for the CS meme
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.