[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to like GNU/Linux but every time I think Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: properties.png (44 KB, 463x481) Image search: [Google]
properties.png
44 KB, 463x481
I really want to like GNU/Linux but every time I think Windows and Mac would never be so sloppy with presentation. Would something like this really be that difficult to get right?
>>
Yeah. People who work on Linux distros don't have any sense of good design.
>>
>>54421250
>>54421186
KDE people are good at design, but the people good at optimization got shot when the KDE4 Reich started.

KDE5 is a gay storm.
>>
>>54421250
funny
>>
I don't know if it's difficult to get right or not, but it's probably the least interesting thing in the world to worry about when you are an actual developer who is doing all the heavy lifting.

Proprietary software firms usually hire women or faggots to handle this kind of stuff. GNU/Linux doesn't appeal to these demographics so none of them are willing to do it for free.
>>
>>54421266
>KDE people are good at design
>>
>>54421266
KDE hasn't been good for at least 8 years. Everything on by default is not ``good at design'' or ``good at optimization''.
>>
>>54421289
wow u posted an old as fuck version; good for m8
>>
>>54421186
poo in the loo enjoy gnu
>>
>>54421186
>>54421250
Ignorant assholes. Make it look better yourselves. You don't belong here on /g/ you user fucks.
>>
>>54421186
Don't use a DE.
>>
>>54421867
if these faggots do that they'll end up with webm related
>>
>>54421885
Stallman, plz.
>>
>>54421867
did obese-kun get triggered?
>>
>>54421186
That's what you get for using fagbuntu
>>
>>54421186
Yes. Don't expect autists who think command lines are a good idea in <CURRENT YEAR> to give a shit about UI presentation. You should be lucky you have a GUI at all.
>>
File: kde_design.gif (258 KB, 860x640) Image search: [Google]
kde_design.gif
258 KB, 860x640
>>54421266
>KDE people are good at design
That's a good one
>>
>>54421186
what version of nautilus is that anyway? Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't even have the Emblems tab
>>
Here is the thing about linux

you, OP, could spend a few hours finding the source code. setting up a development environment that lets you build and test it. locate the code that's causing this breakage. fix it. then you send a patch to the GNOME people. and it sits in the bug tracker for 8 months by which time you've moved on and don't care anymore. and it gets forgotten about because they changed something else that breaks other things and the patch doesn't merge.
>>
>>54424581
Or he could stop being a cuck and use a real distro or a real DE
>>
>>54424486
>Configurable HiDPi
GNOME cucks will never know this
>>
File: lumina9.png (58 KB, 357x299) Image search: [Google]
lumina9.png
58 KB, 357x299
>>54421186
>>
>>54424581
It'd probably get rejected for whatever reason, too. OSS programmers are fucking primadonnas.
>>
>>54424720
Because KDE is any different
>>
>>54424581
>Here is the thing about linux
You mean here's a thing about GNOME and GTK

Other than that, I can confirm. Once tried to contribute to Gnome. They suffer from severe Not Invented Here Syndrome. Anything external gets ignored 99% of the time. Gnome is probably the most cancerous libre project.
>>
>>54421289
Windows 7 is the same shit.
It was popular at the time.
>>
>>54424798
No, because GNOME is more intelligent and auto adjusts the scale according to your display.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.