[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No repair/fix thread? Possibly a dumb question but I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: PicsArt_05-06-06.32.49.jpg (2 MB, 3861x2172) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-06-06.32.49.jpg
2 MB, 3861x2172
No repair/fix thread?
Possibly a dumb question but I need to replace the circled diodes but don't know specifically what kind they are, can anyone identify and or link replacements?
>>
Bump
anyone?
>>
>>54414030
they literally have their model number printed on them.
>>
>>54415346
Hard to read, what about voltage and amperage?
>>
>>54414030
Those look like rectifier diodes. de-solder them and then you can read the number better. How do you even know they are bad.
>>
>>54416693
They have continuity and read 0.00 on my multi meter in diode setting. Fuse blows instant when power cord is connected.
>>
Just get some beefy rectifier diodes and you should be good.
>>
>>54414030

So I bought this broken CNC DRO from the 1980s for 15 bucks on ebay, shipped

I plugged it in just to see, and an inductor blew up

So then I just ripped out the entire PSU. My idea is just to get a nice 5v supply from goodwill and power it directly from the power rail, because it just has a bunch of 74 series logic and a z80 processor with EEPROMs.

My question is will this work? no documentation on the internal power requirements, and I already tried a 5v 1a supply (it didn't work, not enough current?)
>>
>>54417950
gee anon, it's like you beg for a housefire
Seriously, did you even read the manuals/checked first before pluggin it? Also it may have more than one operational voltage, do some research first before blowing up everything including yourself, is for your safety, not ours
>>
>>54418055

yeah I did check to see the transformer was on the 120v tap, but it turns out I put a voltage regulator into a socket backwards when I took it out to examine it (the thing was rusty)
>>
>>54418136
Well, as long as everything in is runs on 5V DC, if your power supply that you replace it with is sufficient its not going to pull more current than it can, that is unless there is a short. Maybe you should invest in a real bench power supply so you can see how much it will pull and you can ensure that a short doesn't cause an explosion.
>>
>>54418195

I'm assuming it runs on 5vdc because it has 74 series logic and a z80 cpu

is this a safe assumption?
>>
>>54417692
Seems like they are likely bad then, I would still de-solder them and try and read the actual part number. If you still cannot get the part number do as that other anon suggested and get some beefy rectifier diodes and see what happens.
>>
>>54418231
Not really, I mean all that tells you is that at some point there will be a +5V rail at the minimum. But there is also potentially a -5V rail for opamps or other logic. There could even be 12V parts.
>>
>>54418293

didn't think of that. I guess it would have some analog shit because it reads sensors from a CNC machine
>>
>>54418512
You would really have to tear down the power supply and figure out what it actually does.Then you can create something to replace it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.