[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PayPal/the technologies behind it...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: paypal.png (108 KB, 1000x986) Image search: [Google]
paypal.png
108 KB, 1000x986
What does /g/ think of PayPal? Is it as safe as people claim and what technologies would make it or something similar possible? Would you use it/why or why not? Do you think it will remain a viable way of paying over the internet in the distant future? Let us discuss PayPal.
>>
It's great. I had some trouble with payments last month. Paypal paid what I owed out of their own pocket because they couldn't take it form my bank account since it was already in the negative. Then when I got my paycheck this month I refilled my paypal "wallet" or whatever that's called. It really helped me. If they'd taken the money out of my account I probably wouldn't have been able to eat for a week. Fuck lawyer costs.
>>
I was in a lecture where a Prof demonstrated weakness in PayPal, but it was two years ago.
>>
The company can freeze your account without a real reason
It's shit
>>
I'm comfortable with it in a transactional capacity. The only lasting account I'll have with them is a user account, though. I wouldn't trust it as a currency account. That's partly because I have no clue how robust their security is and mostly because I've heard awful things about how they freeze funds.
>>
>>54414062
Only if you're underage or use fake info, kek. Even if you use fake info and freeze your account, they mail you a check 3-6 months later. I use it to sell software and it's better than bitcoin IMO.

>>54414042
What weakness?
>>
My account was breached and some ukranian fucking slav potatoface took some money. Paypal gave me my money back within 3 days but I don't trust them to handle my transactions anymore.
>>
>>54414182
LOL, so you get hacked, get your money back, and you blame paypal? Rational.
>>
Never had an issue is last 2-3 years for a small business. Would recommend.

That being said, I heard they were much worse in the past. YMMV.
>>
>>54413978
>>54414015
>>54414149
>>54414192
>I got cucked but it's great i swear
>>
>>54414192
No you misinterpreting little fuckboi. I don't blame them. I said I don't trust them to handle transactions for me. When their security doesn't even ring a bell when unusual activity occurs why should I even.
>>
>>54414415
>fuckboi
Doyouevenedge.exe
>>
>>54414149
>better than bitcoin

You know they can just charge back anything and win, right?

Try asking some eBay merchants if they like PayPal or not. They'll tell you it's the bane of their existsnce.
>>
>>54414907
Yeah chargebacks happen sometimes, I just ban their account from my database and they can no longer use my software. I then provide paypal logs of their usage and I usually win. I accept bitcoin too, but not enough people use it, and it's harder to get the money into my bank account.

If you provide tracking numbers on ebay, I'm sure paypal would see it your way.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.