[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two questions about learning how to code
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: pc.png (204 KB, 881x720) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
204 KB, 881x720
Should an absolute beginner learn how to code with Python, C or C++ ?

Lastly, do you need to be good at Algebra or are the basics (subtract, add up, divide and multiply) enough ?
>>
>>54413653
C if you want go learn everything from the ground up
python if you want to just start now

it depends on what you're doing, mathematics helps
>>
>>54413653
I would recommend C# or Java for starters. Algebra may not be a necessity at first but it will be if you want to do anything worthwhile.
>>
>>54413653
>how to code with Python, C or C++
No. Pick up SICP. It's not just a meme.
>do you need to be good at Algebra
Yes, abstract algebra helps tremendously.
>>
>>54414028
When you need to say "It's not just a meme" then it is just a meme.
>>
>>54413653
Learn assembler you fucking faggot.
>>
>>54414144
Which?
>>
File: IMG-20160506-WA0013.jpg (2 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160506-WA0013.jpg
2 MB, 2160x3840
I am learning now, from pretty much zero. I have spent a couple of weeks and I am almost at 70 percent of the Python course in codeacademy. Later, I plan on doing a series of exercises I found on the web (46 simple exercises, you can search it.)

It seems to be working. I am learning.
>>
>>54415015
Nice CS code. How is 4th grade coming along?
>>
>>54415096
dam why u gota be so rude. That dude is new to coding, chill out
>>
C++ was my first love. After that I was able to learn 5 functional languages and 4 procedural languages with ease within 3 years.
>>
>>54415118
>using codecademy
>python
>"""""70%"""""
>>
>>54415096
> a post saying I have literally started less than 15 days ago
> trying to look all edgy
The amount of retards here is just astonishing.
>>
>>54415137
Not OP, but I learned about 90% of the Python language and all that I ever used in 12 days.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160507-015458.png (94 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160507-015458.png
94 KB, 1080x1920
>>54415134
Of the course. I am not implying I almost know everything there is to know.
>>
Start with Java. You learn a real language you'll actually end up using (whether you want to or not) without trying to tackle the beast that is C right off the bat. Python is garbage.

Not being a retard is not essential, but recommended.
>>
>>54415118
>coding

∆∆
>>
I saw a blog post yesterday where the guy gave his 7 year old BASIC and the kid just took off with it. It takes like 5 minutes to learn and is a good starter thing for fun. Hell it was my first language too.

http://www.freebasic.net
>>
By the way, I found an app called "Learn python" on Google Play, is it any good?
>>
>>54415205
How strong of a recommendation is that?
I'm unsure if I would qualify.
>>
>>54413653
First, ask why you want to learn how to program.

What would be a fun starter project?

Video Game: Unity, or python + pygame

Web Development: python + flask or Django, ruby + ruby on rails

Low level systems programming: C, C++

I want a job: Java, C++, ruby + ruby on rails
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.