[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser is the best /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: Google_Chrome_icon_(2011).svg.png (404 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Google_Chrome_icon_(2011).svg.png
404 KB, 2000x2000
What browser is the best /g/
>>
>>54413065
Lynx
>>
Opera. By far.
>>
>>54413065
>>
old firefox
>>
>>54413065
You posted it.
>>
>>54413085
>>54413101
>>54413114
>>54413129
>>54413143
typical, 5 replies, 5 different answers
>>
Safari on OSX is pretty comfy.
>>
Still Firefox I'd say, even though it's sinking and sinking.

Why are there so few browser devs that do open source?

The only decent two are FF and Chromium, and Chromium is kinda crap, well, slightly more crap than FF.
>>
seamonkey
>>
surf
>>
>using a GUI to browse the web
>using BotnetScript

>>54413085
/thread
>>
You're delusional if you don't think it's Chrome.
>>
>>54413652
>browsing an imageboard using only a text based browser

This this the face of autism?
>>
>>54413101
I like opera but for some reason it can take up to 30 seconds for the homepage to load no matter which site it is on my computer
I don't know how, why and how to fix it so I just switched to Chromium
>>
>>54413687
>shitty extension support
>unusable bookmarks toolbar
>resource hog
>botnet x3
Do you mean best at being shit?
>>
>>54413687
I can't believe people browse /g/ using chrome. People like this should die
>>
>>54413705
>using bloated GUIs
>>
Vivaldi.
>>
SeaMonkey
>>
>>54413994
>using monitors
>>
>>54413705
It's great for browsing at work.
>>
>>54413687
You're delusional if you proudly enter your personal information into a blob distributed by Botnet, Inc.
>>
It's like asking /r/javascript about which meme.js to learn.
>>
>>54414108
>using the internet to browse the www
>>
>>54414160
>not using carrier pigeons to shitpost on /g/
>>
File: metbqh.jpg (22 KB, 341x512) Image search: [Google]
metbqh.jpg
22 KB, 341x512
>>54413705
>muh colors!
>muh buttons!
>muh fonts!
>>
>>54414176
>not using smoke clouds for communication
>>
>>54414210
>not using good ol' telepathy
>>
>>54414246
>communicating
>being social
>>
>>54413065
They all suck. If they provided a browser with Firefox addons, Opera U.I. and Chromium speed... that would be a decent browser.
>>
>>54414122
Oh no, the people already spying on me can now spy on me.
>>
If FF is on most of these anon's list, then answer me this. Which build is most operable? I would figure along the lines of FF 5 or something back prior to Win7 days.
>>
>>54414246
>not just shouting
>>
Well here's how I see it.

Firefox has gone to shit. Actually customization is stripped out while additions that nobody asked for are forced on everybody for a paycheck. Dumped it after I found out Tab Groups were being dropped.

Chrome is effectively the industry standard now, like it or not. It's pretty fucking resource hungry at this point, and managing large numbers of tabs is fucking awful.

Brave looks like it wants to try being the new Firefox but is blatantly unpolished and honestly clunky as shit in its current state.

Opera is ironically less bloated than Chrome now because the additional features they tack on are useful shit people want, like Adblocking and Picture-in-Picture for streaming video.

Vivaldi looks like it'll be a great all-in-one sort of browser like Seamonkey or Opera back in its hayday. I know I'd like to see that.

As it is, I'd use Opera, Chrome, or Vivaldi. Those are honestly the most functional, polished browsers available unless you're worried about MUH FREEDUMS.
>>
Firefox still remains the best browser overall. More extensible than anything else ever has been or ever will be (I had some hope for Brave considering who's behind it but they're just not going to allow for decent addons/extensions sadly, it's not important to them or so the devs have said). I consider Firefox a framework more than just a "browser" and I can and still do make it what I want it to be for my particular browsing habits and methods.

Nothing comes close, and I don't give a fuck about a few milliseconds here and there. I use it on a fucking 7200 rpm hard drive (not into the SSD BS just yet) and it still has a consistent load time of under 2 seconds and that's with 34 addons/extensions, 12 plugins, and so much UI customization most people can't even tell it's Firefox when it's running anymore.

So fuck the haters 'cause Firefox is still better than the competition. Never had memory issues (been using it since v3 and upgraded through every fucking version since to now using Firefox ESR 45.1.1 and it's been portable the entire damned time), never had crashing issues (Health Report shows the last actual "crash" was in April of 2013) so what-the-fuck-ever.

HATERS GONNA HATE
>>
>>54413065

I tried Opera Developer when the free VPN was announced and fell in love. Best browser IMO; it's chrome with a bunch of layers of pure ass removed.
>>
>>54416886

I had been shilling firefox for years until I switched to something; anything else. Fuck firefox. Chrominium browsers like Chrome and Opera are the best imo.
>>
File: 1441219455809.png (21 KB, 1100x360) Image search: [Google]
1441219455809.png
21 KB, 1100x360
>>54413065
>>54413143
>>54413687
>>54417193
>>
>>54413065
Firefox
>>
>>54413065
SeaMonkey

>>54413101
It was till 2013, still is if you're okay with outdated software. But given you're probably talking Chropera, hell no.
>>
>>54417247
thanks gay guy for being so gay
>>
hey guys, quick question, can i install ff dev and nightly alongside the regular version?
I want to try them both for a couple of days before getting rid of regular ff...
TIA
>>
>>54417491
>trying to defend being part of a botnet
Top cuck
>>
>>54417590
>tinfoilhat.tiff
you sound like a real fun guy
>>
>>54417590
>using words you don't know the meaning of
Top kek
>>
ngl Safari on OS X takes the cake for browsing experience for me. If it didn't have so many security issues and more extensions, and supported weebms it'd be my go to.

Until then, Firefucks Nightly
>>
>>54417492
pls guys, im lurking their page but cant find anything
>>
>>54413065
I tried edge on my W10 machine and I honestly believe it's faster than both FF and Chromium
>>
Firefox or Chrome, please don't fall for the Vivaldi meme. I did. Awful mistake. It's early in the development process and it shows with all the broken things.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.