[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you a thinkpad tablet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
Would you a thinkpad tablet?
>>
if by thinpad tablet you mean an x41
>>
>>54412887
You know what?
I would, as long as the hinge mechanism wasn't shit, and the keyboard had enough weight to give it balance a laptop, and wasn't utter shit to type on.
>>
File: 20160428_161345.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160428_161345.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
ThinkPad tablet 2 is great, but the "plugged in, not charging" issue is annoying.
Totally with the $120 i paid
>>
I still cant see why i would ever use tablet over laptop.
I do have X60t but it mostly servers as my kodibox
>>
>>54413602
I only bought a tablet because the S-pen is really good for underlining pdf's and stuff like that, plus I write on paper anyways. Other than that it's shit and I really wish i had a laptop.
>>
>>54413557
Love it.
Going to keep my eye out for one of those. Pretty much because of the lack of trackpad.
>>
>>54412912
I can't duo looking at the form factor in this photo. I use my tablet 2,and x200 as my daily drivers.... This x41 looks like it was made for me
>>
>>54413723
It's crazy how hard it is to find a Bluetooth keyboard without a trackpad

Motorola makes one, don't ps3 azerty keyboard, and the ThinkPad Bluetooth keyboard (although i think that one might have the trackpad too)
>>
>>54412887
proud owner of a X220T reporting in
>>
File: 01_pad.png (483 KB, 910x828) Image search: [Google]
01_pad.png
483 KB, 910x828
I someone they made a tablet like pic related, but instead of a phone docking into a tablet, you docked a tablet into something like an "all in one" that was a screen + used thunderbolt (or some other interface) as a hub for more ports, + an eGPU and maybe even had extra storage. So it would be like a Surface pro in tablet mode, the processor would be throttled so that it stays cool enough to use as a tablet. But when you dock it into the station, the processor is "unlocked" and can be used to its full potential because the "all in one" station has cooling, and you can use it for gaming with the eGPU. The technology is all theoretically there, Thunderbolt 3 supports eGPUs now so it'd basically be a monitor with half a computer built in and a cradle + thunderbolt port for the tablet to dock. I feel like it'll be a while until something like I just described is commercially feasible though.
>>
File: think.jpg (207 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
think.jpg
207 KB, 800x600
>>54412912
or the x220t I'm replying on right now
>>
>>54412887
No not anymore since there are better products out right now. Went from a X301 to a Surface Book and I couldn't be happier
>>
Probably wouldn't touch that abomination, but I do like my X220t.
>>
>>54414361
>losing out on TrackPoint
you clearly didn't love that ThinkPad
>>
>>54414390
I loved the trackpoint and keyboard to death but the screen and battery life were atrocious.
The surface book touchpad is good enough for web browsing and when I'm actually coding I use emacs which requires no mouse.

Sorry dude but Thinkpads are really dead.
>>
>>54412887

The whole thing?
>>
>>54414219
Same. I love mine desu. I wish the little rubber tabs that hold the screen were better reinforced(the plastic cracked on both sides for me) but its literally the best way to take notes for science and mathematics. Wacom is tits. For the Retro ThinkPad surveys I basically said 'give me an X220t with a modern CPU, a higher res screen, and better battery life and I will pay any amount of money.'
>>
>>54413945
That is a excellent idea.
>>
File: 20160128_145803.jpg (651 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160128_145803.jpg
651 KB, 2048x1152
>>54414475
Same issue with my nubs, still love it though
>>
>>54414637
Tbh, once x86 tablets start coming out with thunderbolt 3, you could probably disassemble an eGPU enclosure (there's only the Razer one for now from what I know) and secure all the parts to the back of a monitor somehow, it'd just look ugly. And the processor would probably be a huge bottleneck if the tablet wasn't designed for this docking thing and was only designed for low voltage use. But it would be super convenient to just slide your tablet into it, do what you want on a full desktop computer, then pull it out so you could use it as a tablet. Hell, they could even make it so that the tablet mounts vertically on the side of the monitor so it's like a smaller, second monitor.
>>
I really really really want an X200t

They're only like $100 right now but I don't have that kind of money. Im thinking about getting a part time job this summer just so I can get one. I already have a T420 but is the X220t worth it?
>>
>lenovo
>bios loaded malware

No
>>
>>54412887
>tablet
pure tablets are pointless
>>
>>54413945
Didn't they make a phone+tablet+keyboard dock device not too long ago?
>>
File: Asus-Padfone-91.jpg (51 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
Asus-Padfone-91.jpg
51 KB, 600x530
>>54415131
Turns out i was correct, what a device.
>>
>>54412887

is that... a REAL TRACKPOINT i see there?
I love my Surface and my ThinkPad but if the Surface had a trackpoint i'd be using it a lot more.
>>
File: Tablet dock thing.png (26 KB, 1535x415) Image search: [Google]
Tablet dock thing.png
26 KB, 1535x415
>>54413945
>>54415020
I made a quick sketch to demonstrate what I mean. I feel like this has potential once the price could be brought down, especially since CPUs are rarely the bottle neck in games and a high end laptop CPU in a tablet would *probably* work just fine for this.

I think this would at least appeal to people like me, who want to game on a desktop but also like having a portable computer.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.