[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh 3.5 >muh nvidia I wanted to buy a nice GPU next month,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: gtx 970.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gtx 970.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>muh 3.5
>muh nvidia

I wanted to buy a nice GPU next month, although I'm not much of a gamer still wanted something able to run games on high/ultra. I saw that GTX 970 went down in price, is it worth despite having only 3.5 vram?
>>
>>54410921
>I wanted to buy a nice GPU next month
And new cards come out next month, just wait, buying the 3.5cuckcard is a horrible idea
>>
>>54410970
I probably going to wait but why is 3.5 a bad idea, so far the rest of the cards are around 4gb and that's the only issue with the card.
>>
>>54411022
Save double the money and buy a 980TI, stop buying garbage
>>
>>54411218
This, why spend your money on something worse than a 980 when you can get a 980 for a similar price to the 970 now when the new cards come out?
>>
>>54411218
I don't think it's worth for me, I wanted to buy a 380X originally, I don't game a lot. But after checking the prices I thought 970 was a good deal, despite 3.5gigabytes of pure nvidia engineering.
>>
>>54410921
>not much of a gamer
>run games on high/ultra
What?

That being said, don't bother buying this garbage. Get a real video card or don't get a video card. The real problem with the 3.5 'meme' isn't that you only have 3.5GB, that would have been too kind. The problem is once you break into that last .5 your performance as a whole will take a massive shit because it's waiting on that extremely slow garbage .5.
>>
>>54411303
Don't buy on an impulse. Also get a 380X I just got one. Pretty solid card.
>>
>>54411339
>The problem is once you break into that last .5 your performance as a whole will take a massive shit because it's waiting on that extremely slow garbage .5.

I've seen some videos and people were calling bullshit on this, that's why I wanted to ask /g/ since I'm clueless about GPUs.

>>run games on high/ultra
>What?

I mostly play old games and don't spend a lot of time gaming nowadays but still wanted to appreciate some new graphics since I've been using the same GPU for almost 5 years now.

>>54411341
Not an impulse, just wanted to hear other anon's opinions. How is the 380X? Do you think it will be enough for the new Warhammer games?
>>
Never ever buy nvidia, period. It's just a bad practice.
>>
>>54411456
Let's be real here, there wasn't much competition from AMD in the high end. I pity the people with Furies.
>>
>>54410921
No just no. Pascal will be revealed today 6 p.m PST while Polaris is due next month (rumored to have a good value per performance). Just wait for like 1 month and you decide
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.