[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Web dev is less interesting than coding dishwashers When coding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: dishwashers.png (176 KB, 420x463) Image search: [Google]
dishwashers.png
176 KB, 420x463
Web dev is less interesting than coding dishwashers

When coding dishwashers, you work with an embedded system with limited resources and you need to know university mathematics such as fuzzy logic, control theory and differential equations to control the washing procedure.

Meanwhile when you code a webpage you just do some HTML and CSS, call some libraries and connect to your MemeSQL database.
>>
>>54408443
I'm sure the dishwasher firmware industry is just booming.
>>
>>54408443

It looks like you found a career path in embedded programming OP, congratulation !
>>
>>54408443
Web dev is not even coding, its just fucking shit together.
>>
>needing a machine to wash your dishes
>>
>>54408443
>and you need to know university mathematics such as fuzzy logic, control theory and differential equations to control the washing procedure.
this is not true, the embedded programmers dont know anything about the mechanics of a dishwasher, all this math is handled by the engineer that designed the dishwasher. He just hands over the time parameters to a CE code monkey to punch in to the microcontroller
>>
>>54408576
Yep, just ask some bitch to be your girlfriend and wa la, your very own personal dishwasher.
>>
>>54408576
>>54408576
Even harder to program
>>
>>54410514
There's only one button you have to press you just gotta do it hard and fast.
>>
>>54412078
And if it breaks, just smack it until it works again.
>>
File: eae.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
eae.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>54408714
>wa la
>>
File: hiphophitler.jpg (24 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
hiphophitler.jpg
24 KB, 306x306
>>54408627
>>>54408443 (OP)
>>and you need to know university mathematics such as fuzzy logic, control theory and differential equations to control the washing procedure.
>this is not true, the embedded programmers dont know anything about the mechanics of a dishwasher, all this math is handled by the engineer that designed the dishwasher. He just hands over the time parameters to a CE code monkey to punch in to the microcontroller
This is not true. When you want to implement things such fuzzy or computer learning you need to understand it on higher level than matematician bcs you have only limited ways of doing sth. Have you heard about z-transformations and such things you web developer monkey? No? I thought so...
>>
True. Web dev is shit.
>>
>>54412567
What?

The IC came from somewhere else. It's not developed in-house.

My company make IC for car gps ffs. We sold them mainly to Garmin but we also do stuff for other companies (like oem gps in Toyota and Ford cars). If multi-billion companies outsource their shit elsewhere, I can't see how smaller companies aren't doing so
>>
>>54412691
still proving my point. Ic is not automat anymore and you have to unerstand mathematics to programm even fucking PID...
>>
>>54408714
>wa la
Haven't seen this in a while
>>
>>54408443
How do i get into dishwasher programming, OP?
You got me interested.
>>
>>54413294
You need to get an actual job, which you won't get one if you don't leave your neet ass from your gradma basement
>>
>>54408443
B-but there's no GPL dishwasher code
>>
>>54408443
not anymore
everything is "smart" and "internet of things" now, and limited resources are becoming a thing of the past

why save $1 per $600 unit when you can spend the extra dollar for better hardware, which will collect data that your company can sell?
>>
>>54413333

>collect data your company can sell

I think the bigger advantage is putting a 10 dollar rpi-tier circuit board and a wifi adapter so you can charge 200 dollars more for a "smart" appliance.
>>
File: IMG_5884.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5884.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
>>54413329

>there will never be GPL licenses razor or showerhead software
>>
>>54408443
Web dev is insufferable garbage, I'll agree to that.
The entire ecosystem is a bunch of half-assed hacks piled on top of one another.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.