[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet of Things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: internet-of-things.jpg (30 KB, 428x310) Image search: [Google]
internet-of-things.jpg
30 KB, 428x310
What do you guys think about this shit?

Do you think the "Internet of Things" is just a fad, or am I going to keep seeking motherfuckers connecting the toaster to the web?

Let's talk about this phenomenon. And by that I mean, let's use buzzwords and shitpost about it.
>>
>>54408151
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF24WHumvIc
This guy from MIT says it all.
>>
The internet of things is the future, The people of tomorrow will enjoy the full cloud internet of things EXPERIENCE. Always connected with wearable and home automation. You smartphone will be the hub of you connected home providing the true connected experience.
>>
All that matters in business is whether something is a profitable idea, not a good idea. These things will sell like hot cakes and then Scarlet Johansson will hack our microwave ovens.
>>
I think in the long run its a good thing, but obviously things like what you're talking about are kind of redundant. But things like being able to control your lights, or thermostat, or locks, etc over the internet are pretty convenient.
>>
>>54408151
It's a meme, no one cares about wifi toilets and refrigerators except rich people.

No one gives a fuck about electric meme cars either.

Or VR.

It's all just meme gear for the rich.
>>
HTTP 418 was just the beginning
>>
>>54408151
I think there is a dangerous side most people don't know or understand.
I won't fall for this meme unless it's secure.
>>
It will be run by Facebook. You OK with that, /g/?
>>
I wish I was tech illiterate and didn't care about the botnets so I could just use the Internet freely without even wondering if anyone's spying on me
>>
>>54408545
Illiteracy would not prevent you from noticing the ads for Russian brides spammed on your internet-connected smartmirror.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.