[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metro Datavac Duster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1500x1500
Has anyone else have a bad experience with this duster?

I tried using it three times in the last day and get sore throat and slightly nauseous from the new car smell it reeks of.
>>
>>54407800
Not familiar with that brand but to be clear it's shooting out air right?
>>
>>54407800
I have this and it works great. It does smell a bit but I've never had a reaction from it.
>>
>>54407800
I have one. I don't have that problem. If I run it too long it does kind of smell like its burning. Try taking the filter out of the bottom and see if you have the same problem.
>>
>>54407817
Yes, but the smell it blows makes me sick.

>>54407839
The smell is a lot less noticeable. I'm going to try airing the filter out for the rest of the day.
>>
>>54407800
It's probably just the filter. It usually smells like burning metal.
>>
>>54407800
I actually fell for this fucking meme. Total garbage. When I need to blow out my PC, I haul it down to my basement, and fire up the wet-vac, and use the air blower on it. Blows everything out perfectly.
>>
>>54407835
>>54407800
>>54409830
Yeah, it smells like a burning tire. Let it air out or use some carcinogenic aerosol or whatever
>>
>>54407800
NO, it's plastic and generates static when it blows out air, don't clean things like PCB's with it!
Also just put it on and let it sit outside blowing for 20min to get rid of the smell.
>>
>>54411016
Don't they have an "electrostatic safe" version now?
Anyway, I want to pick up something to use to blow out my computers this summer. I have no need for an actual air compressor.
Smell won't bother me since I'd be using this outside. Does this thing produce enough air pressure?
>>
>>54411233
Fast going air against plastic will always produce static.
>>
File: images.jpg (1 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
1 KB, 275x183
>>54407800
consider using a duster that doesn't emit volatile organic compounds

p.s. i simply use a brush to loosen up the dust and remove it from the air with my vacuum cleaner at the same time
>>
>>54411305
I feel like the amount of static it would produce wouldn't be much to worry about, especially if you already have the power supply/case grounded. Unless you hold the blower in one spot for like a minute straight.
>>
>>54411504
And then you acciedently get to close to a RAM stick and boom.
>>
>>54411524
I like to live dangerously.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.