[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to install mysql-workbench using the EPIC AUR repository
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1461766755229.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1461766755229.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>decide to install mysql-workbench using the EPIC AUR repository on manjaro
>cant even set up a connection without getting errors in the program

I fell for the AUR meme, nothing ever fucking works out of the box
>>
File: 1461302334764.png (203 KB, 800x689) Image search: [Google]
1461302334764.png
203 KB, 800x689
>>54405791
>he doesn't use a software ecosystem maintained by industry professionals and tightly integrated with its OS
>>
>>54405867
That's not Windows logo
>>
>>54405867
That's not OS X logo
>>
>>54405867
that's not the Solaris logo
>>
>go to mysql.com
>download the Windows setup program for everything I need. Can also select the version I need without a package "maintainer" choosing one for me
>it just fucking werks
The sooner you realize package managers are a meme, the better.
>>
>>54405867
that's not redhat's logo
>>
>>54406270
this so much
Freetards need neckbeards to select shit for them. What a cucks.
>>
>>54405867
That's not SUSE's logo.
>>
>still havent found the solution after an hour of looking

just fucking end me
>>
>>54405867
That's not OpenBSD's logo.
>>
>>54406522
The solution is to install Windows. Or if you insist on using Linux, install a proper distro, not a meme like Arch.
>>
>>54405867
that's not emac's logo
>>
File: 1455142570010.png (421 KB, 734x540) Image search: [Google]
1455142570010.png
421 KB, 734x540
>>54407133
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54407133
I'm strongly considering it desu, I used mint before, it had outdated packages but atleast that distro fucking WORKED
>>
>>54405791
Manjaro is just an out dated version of Arch.

It's easier to just watch a youtube tutorial on how to install arch, Just write the steps down, That's what i did.
>>
>>54407161
>>54407290

H-haha just kidding guys, I made it werk
>>
>>54407290
>>Manjaro is just an out dated version of Arch.
It's not.
>all I know about GNU/Linux are /g/ memes
fixed your post
>>
>>54407290
>needing to write commands down to install an OS
Things like these is why Arch will be forever a meme.
>>
PEBKAC
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.