[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unbotable website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: llll.jpg (8 KB, 172x164) Image search: [Google]
llll.jpg
8 KB, 172x164
Bot's and Spiders are all over the internet, Allot of websites are content based and have videos and images that they don't want others to just scrape easily.

My idea is simple Take a button with the ID of "Cat" a bot will click on the button by targeting the ID of "Cat" Simple right?
Now what if the code was polymorphic and after every 10 minutes it changed the ID to a random string and loaded the source code with as many fake buttons as it could(each with their own scrambled strings)

Why wouldn't it work?
>>
>>54405473
Because emulating browsers with Selenium or running JavaScript manually which modifies a DOM structure is a thing.

You could just check which button has a style which results in it being visible and click on that. Additionally you don't have to use the ID directly, more elaborate XPath and CSS selectors are a thing buddy.
>>
>>54405537
Yeah i understand that, that's why i stated adding fluke buttons,
If the main button was say a card, after 10 minutes you put the "card" into a deck of fluke buttons this would screw with css selectors and xpath
>>
>>54405566
If the user on the website can tell which button he is supposed to click, so can a script. You might as well hide all buttons then and fuck your user.

That's always the path which a bot uses. Puzzle captchas are your best bet currently.
>>
>>54405580
Come to think of it, even if you scramble the code to fuck over xpath/css selector based bots someone could just make a bot based off mouse coordinates >.> dumb idea
>>
>>54405648
Exactly. He could even open the website with JavaScript disabled by controlling a browser, modify it with his own patches and then run the snippets. He could monitor the network traffic manually, figure out what's being sent etc.

It's almost impossible to prevent this, except with Captchas -- but they have to be the puzzle kind.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.