[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Windows 10 iso is available for free from Microsoft >requires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: OOBE-Product-Key-640x480[1].jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
OOBE-Product-Key-640x480[1].jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>Windows 10 iso is available for free from Microsoft
>requires activation after 30 days

>unactivated Windows still gets all security updates
>all common features like browsing web, viewing photos and videos, installing programs are unaffected

Any particular reason why I should tell people who want a facebook machine that they need to actually activate the thing?
>>
>>54402741
don't you want to be a good shill?
>>
>>54402741
So M$ won't disable it one day.
You have to wait until it's open source to forget activation.
>>
>>54402741
And how long can you stay unactivated before you get looked out?
>>
>not activating Windows
but that's illegal
>>
There's still that stupid annoying watermark at the bottom of the screen.
>>
>>54402741
They're gonna pull the plug or disable parts of the OS eventually.
>>
>>54402741
>It's time to get cucked
>>
File: 1462383160934.webm (3 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1462383160934.webm
3 MB, 1024x768
>>
>Get people entrenched in the new system
>Lock them out after a year
>Now they have to buy a key to continue using it
>>
>>54406521
>installing a botnet in your botnet
>>
>>54406521
> implying you can escape botnet

if you believe you are bypassing the activation on a OS that phones home with every click, you're out of your god damn mind
>>
File: awshitnigga.jpg (47 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
awshitnigga.jpg
47 KB, 700x393
>>54406530
Microsoft saw all the shit hitting the fan with cryptolocker and thought look at all the money we could be making.
>>
File: 1442273779977.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1442273779977.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
>use iso directly from site
>still hangs on installing
FUCK YOU MICROSOFT ITS FOR A FAMILY MEMBER
>>
>>54402741
They will never disable your OS, you can keep it not activated for as long as you want it has been checked with previous versions of Windows dozens of times.
But the longer you keep it not activated, the more annoying activation messages you will get. First it's the standard small message on your desktop in the right bottom corner, then it's black screen instead of wallpaper, and the last phase is when you constantly get pop-up window every time you start your computer - but, yeah, you can close the window.
The last stage with that pop-up window comes after 90 days without activation. The black desktop comes after something like 30 days.

You can just reinstall every month, lol.
>>
File: 1462456909263.jpg (177 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1462456909263.jpg
177 KB, 600x756
I need to sell a laptop but it has pirated windows

will m$ be able to tell if you used an activator if you do normie things like activating a microsoft account or using OneNote?
>>
Here's what you do OP:

You download the Windows 8 ISO from Microsoft website, install Windows 8 - then upgrade it to Windows 10, and it will be activated.
>>
>>54409185

Oh I almost forgot, use this placeholder key during Windows 8 installation:

XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
>>
>>54409087
>You can just reinstall every month, lol.

Or use MSToolkit like everyone else.
But normies wouldn't want to run the program again when the activation expires.
>>
>>54406521
Does it work with UEFI? Last time I tried using that with UEFI and Win7 it did not work.

>>54406560
>installing a botnet in your botnet

and yet people are fine with installing Chrome.
>>
I have windows 8.1 with activator installed, and accidentally upgraded to 10 (forgot to turn off windows uodate)
>mfw my win10 permanently activated
>mfw i have no face

what do /g/?
>>
>>54409232
Dunno about that tool. I'm using KMS Auto since Windows 7 release and never had any problems with that one on W7, W8, W8.1 and now W10, it also creates task for automatic reactivation in Task Scheduler so you never have to actually run the tool again by yourself.
>>
>>54409135
If you activated it properly there shouldn't be any problems.
>>
/g/ has more shilling than the Bank of England.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>54409135
Just format it, cmon. Selling pirated windows or products with pirated windows is as illegal as selling your own car equipped with stolen audio system. New owner may also sue you if he will manage to prove that you have sold him a laptop with pirated windows - you are an actual scammer in this situation.
So keep it simple and
F O R M A T
O
R
M
A
T
>>
So what's the point of not activating, or using KMS to activate something that is given away for no money?

Is it just to deny MS another registered user?
>>
>>54409135
what >>54409477 said, but install linux mint or something so they can't complain about it not coming with an operating system
>>
>>54409491
No point. If, for example, you are concerned if using non-activated Windows is legal - the answer is no. Running not-activated Windows is same as running pirated Windows with kms or any other cracking/activation tools.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.