[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post tech feels! >tfw you upgrade from an X58 with an i7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: homeless-man-smiling.jpg (88 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
homeless-man-smiling.jpg
88 KB, 500x334
Post tech feels!

>tfw you upgrade from an X58 with an i7 920 to a Z97 board with a 4670k
Feels good to be saved from triple channel!
>>
>>54402026
> From triple channel to dual channel
So you like less memory bandwidth?
>>
>>54402026
i seriously doubt you use your pc for anything meaningful, so upgrading it was just a waste of money
>>
>>54402042
Its much less chaotic when a stick of RAM dies.

>>54402063
I model in Blender if that counts.
>>
>>54402133
Then you need better ram...
>>
>>54402026
I don't you could tell much of a difference in performance from the 920. The 920 can still do all basic tasks, and the 4670k isn't so powerful as to blow you away in heavy CPU loads.

You could have gone with a six core xeon on that x58...
>>
>>54402026
Feels good knowing my 150 aud build is outperforming builds that costs retards over $500.
>>
>>54402026
You could have fit an x5600 series CPU in that motherboard which would BTFO of the 4670k in multi-threaded applications.

http://ark.intel.com/products/52576/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5690-12M-Cache-3_46-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI
>>
>>54402357
My motherboard was on its way out and x58 replacements were expensive, plus the power and heat footprint of that Bloomfield CPU was intense under load. I will miss the hyperthreading but I can live without it.
>>
>>54402457
I actually have one of these lying around that I'm going to put on eBay. The board decided one day that it didn't want to boot with it anymore but it worked on my buddys X58 classified when we tried it...he has since sold the board :(

You can see most of my issue with X58 platform was the poor quality of the motherboards.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.