[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /g/. Let's say I was a NSA agent attempting to des
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
So, /g/.

Let's say I was a NSA agent attempting to design a backdoor that would turn off whatever built in security was put on the device.

I've got a proof of concept quick little shitty python module written. I'll post further details about how it would work in a minute.

Keep in mind, I'm an NSA agent. I can't computer. My python code is quick 'n' dirty as can be, really just to show how things would work.

https://www.mediafire.com/?19b9x9rk68g66fi
>>
snowden thread? snowden thread
>>
File: 180px-Snowden_datass.jpg (12 KB, 180x316) Image search: [Google]
180px-Snowden_datass.jpg
12 KB, 180x316
>>
Literally what: the thread
>>
>>54401787
Snowden you said?
Hipp hipp HURRAY
Hipp hipp HURRAY
Hipp hipp HURRAY
>>
>>
File: 2368.jpg (35 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
2368.jpg
35 KB, 620x372
reminder to encrypt your rare snowdens with veracrypt
>>
>>54401835
Veracrypt is compromised.

Snowden still vouches for truecryptm8
>>
>>54401217
>I'm an NSA agent. I can't computer.
You do realize that the NSA hires people that can into computers, right?
>>
>>54401975
Truecrypt is comprimised. Use BitLocker.
>>
All phones slash devices with any sort of built in security measures (I.e., BIOS password, etc) would go through an installation process at a government facility before being sent to market. At this point the backdoor will be installed.
Encryption keys and device identification numbers are stored on quarantined computers, disconnected from any networks, stored in lead boxes in the center of the earth, etc etc.

To interface with the backdoor system, you'll require a proprietary connector. The connector will output a value if connected to. This value will be a function (one you do not know, that differs from device to device, and is stored on the secret govt server) valued on the interval (0,1), with values truncated after a daily large number of decimals. Transcidentals are fair game. The function will have an unknown-to-you amount of constants, that are stored on the secret server. It shall be a function of 1.) The number of units of time that have elapsed since the backdoor was installed and 2.) the last value the function spit out at t-1. The initial value of the function is generated psuedorandomly and isn't stored anywhere.

So, here's how the game works. You connect to the device. The device spits out its current function value, say, f(t). You are to then give it f(t+1). Once you do, it will spit out f(t+3). You give it f(t+4), and so on. Once this has been done correctly for a secret number of times, you're in!

One big wrinkle, though...
>>
>>54402274
BitLocker is compromised, use DES to encrypt all your files
>>
You're an absolute retard.
>>
>>54402322
DES is compromised. Store everything in plain text.
>>
>>54402434
Plain text is compromised. Store everything on paper.
>>
File: 1440606742056.jpg (399 KB, 1280x939) Image search: [Google]
1440606742056.jpg
399 KB, 1280x939
>>54402462
paper is compromised store it in your mind

oh fuck....
>>
>>54402284
If you were to input an incorrect value for f(n+t), you would not be told, and the value for f(n+t+1) returned by the computer would be calculated using a similar looking, but different, function. The exact function would be stored nowhere other than on the device. The function would be calculated with pseudo random elements, as well. Essentially, you're given misleading junk.

The correct function would continue to iterate with respect to time in the background. After being used to create the next value, former values for the functions are not stored. The only thing that's stored are the correct number of consecutive guesses you've got right.

There are two ways to reset it from here. You can guess f(n+t+x) correctly. The computer will then give you f(n+t+x+1) using the correct function, allowing you to proceed. The computer would not tell you this happened.

Or, you could use a built in reset feature. It would require a code stored on the secret server. If the code is correct, you will be given a correct output of the function. If the code is not correct, you'll be given an incorrect one. You will not be told anything about the results of inputting the code.
>>
>>54402593
How would you crack this without access to the original values stored on the server? How much computing power would your solution take? How big would the initial values and the size of the function's values have to be to become realistically unsolvable? If you were to, say, attach a daughter board to devices like an iphone that were capable of acting as a backdoor in this fashion, how much storage/how powerful would they need to be? How expensive would they be, as a percentage of the initial cost of the product?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.