[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short-Band Comms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Russian_Radio.jpg (51 KB, 800x344) Image search: [Google]
Russian_Radio.jpg
51 KB, 800x344
Hi /g/
I'm a frequent of /k/ wondering about comms and how they work.
I was thinking about getting a short band radio to communicate with some buddies while innawoods to "train" But I realized I know nothing about them and wouldn't know the first thing about buying one- SO

How does a short band radio work?
Would a CB suffice for a guerrilla force attempting to operate against a much larger/well equipped military?
Is it possible/easy to encrypt a CB to prevent unwanted listeners?
If not, what types of radio do I need to be looking at?
What are some decent handheld radios on the consumer market today?
>>
>>54399883
try /diy/ pham

nothing but memes here
>>
>>54399883
>>54400573
Seconded, go to the /ohm/ thread on DIY, they should help you out. /g/ is just shitposters and memsters.
>>
>>54400611
Hey now, we have marketeers as well.
>>
Why not use some VOIP devices with encrypted 802.11 radio modems?
>>
It's very easy to encrypt shortwave.

Forget 4chan. Go hang out with some HAMs. They'll sort you.
>>
>>54400910
HAMs are the last people that will help you with encrypted communications. They hate encryption.
>>
I bought a chink tier SDR (software defined radio) that is pretty neat. Allows me to track planes and monitor local police comms. Can't do most HAM bands without an adapter, but pretty neat regardless.
>protip: radio is boring
>>
>tfw radio tech in Marines
>had radios with freq hop
>encrypted with single key loaders
>the "SKL" had an ignition key
>Echo 5 Charlie this is Echo 4 Charlie, radio check over
>Fuck off faggot

fuck, some aspects of the Military I miss.
>>
>>54402219
Ex comms tech too. What up brizzle
>>
>>54402219
>>54402270
What's the range of their radios with no repeaters?
And are there like a million repeaters set up.
>>
>>54402270

chillin dood. Got an easy ok paid job doing IT work at a medical clinic.

only downside is I have to work with some Army vets and when they found out I'm a Marine they got super defensive and act like a bunch of babies now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.