[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arch Linux vs Open suse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hHYT1Uz.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hHYT1Uz.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Hi /g/,
I've been a user of Arch Linux for a couple years now... I see this screen and I want to try other distro: OpenSUSE.
So, which is the best?
>>
File: openPEPE.png (120 KB, 2000x1433) Image search: [Google]
openPEPE.png
120 KB, 2000x1433
Pretty much all distros are shit in various ways once the honeymoon period has ended.
>>
And among these two?
>>
>>54395944
Just try opensuse for a month and see if you still like arch better at the end.

If you don't like it more then just go back to Arch.
>>
>>54395835
Ubuntu
>>
>>54395870
where do I download this??
>>
>a desktop environment is a distribution

Nothing to see here, just another idiot claiming to be using Arch for years, but apparently hasn't realized that yet.
>>
>>54396417
He just wants that cool logo when he uses screenfetch
>>
>>54396459
All it takes is inserting this command:
"screenfetch -D NameOfDistro"

kèk
>>
Arch
>>
Arch, 100%
Just don't be stupid with it and everything will be fine. Have fun
>>
>>54396512
>you're dirty little secret
it's not the same ;_;
>>
You should come to the Gentoo community. I love it. It's fucking amazing.
>>
Arch > Fedora > Suse
>>
>>54398886
Maybe later :^(
>>
Have Arch running with KDE.

>>54396459
It's also not just about that "cool logo in screenfetch". This might apply to you, for me it's about pacman and the AUR mostly. And because I like how PKGBUILD works and the simplicity of the packages.
>>
m-manjaro?
>>
>>54395835
>I see this screen and I want to try other distro
Looks like it's the DE you want
>>
>>54401806
Looks like you accidentially used ">" where "<" is more appropriate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.