[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i go for a Compsci degree or Software eng? What one is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1462466181129.jpg (47 KB, 510x678) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462466181129.jpg
47 KB, 510x678
Should i go for a Compsci degree or Software eng? What one is better?
>>
>>54394999
Look at the syllabi for both and then decide for yourself.
>>
cs
>>
>>54395031
I have but i dont know what to go for, good software jobs need a CS degree
>>
>>54394999

Comp Sci is going to teach you the theory behind all of it. It'll be the harder course, but its the one you should go for.

Software Eng is going to teach how to use what exists today. The tools and a language or two.

In 10 years, you'll need to pick up a new language or need to create some complex algorithms. The soft eng degree will put you at a disadvantage there.
>>
>>54394999
Comp Sci. You should be able to teach yourself Software Engineering.
>>
>>54394999
With a Comp Sci degree you can do pretty much the same things someone with a SE degree can do, if you want to do that, and more.
With a SE degree you will very likely end up being a code monkey just programming boring shit that have already beenn done several times.

The downside of CS is that is mostly theory and you have to mostly get the practical skills yourself.
If you just want to program simple stuff, like e.g. mobile apps or video games, and dont want to know how anything else works SE is the way to go otherwise go for CS.
>>
File: Cheetos.gif (1 MB, 331x1003) Image search: [Google]
Cheetos.gif
1 MB, 331x1003
>>54394999
Why not both?
>>
>spending 4 years and thousands of dollars just to be replaced by pajeet and microsoft powerapps
this is a great idea
>>
>>54394999
mathematics
>>
>>54394999
What's the joke?
>>
>>54398273
The hungry niggers are going to start jumping and stretching their arms in an attempt to reach the food so they don't starve to death.

This would look like a rave.
>>
IT or comp sci?
>>
File: Residential HVAC Installation.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
Residential HVAC Installation.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>54398311
HVAC
>>
Software Engineer is a subset of comp sci. If you want to know how shit works in practice and theory do comp sci, otherwise get ready for debugging group projects, trying to understand crazy ass interfaced and classes and Java unit testing hell.
>>
Womens Studies or Cultural Studies?
>>
>>54398467
good post
>>
>>54398385
>Software Engineer
Programmer
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.