[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that prefer Mate over XFCE? I kinda find annoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: xfce_vs_mate.png (64 KB, 768x492) Image search: [Google]
xfce_vs_mate.png
64 KB, 768x492
Am I the only one that prefer Mate over XFCE?

I kinda find annoying when you tile window, you just move in another workspace in XFCE.
>>
>>54394111
>Not using i3 or a similar tiling WM without DE
>>
Same shit
>>
>>54394200
>implying a tiling window manager isn't more efficient for work
>implying moving around, resizing, minimizing and switching windows is more efficient than all windows in the same tag/workspace being visible and managed by the wm

Tripfag, you're an inbred fool. You don't have work to do because all you do is shitpost on 4chan all day.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>54394340
>wants to fire people over using a wm
>uses mate
JUST
>>
lol OP yo can change that in window manager tweaks.lordy a lot of bait today
>>
>>54394289
> >>54394200
> 00
> Tripfag
> Trip
> fag

Are u dumb?
Trpifag means he has THREE equal numbers, not two (those are dubs)

> XXXXXX00
= DUBS
> XXXXX000
= TRIPS
>>
>>54395030
I hope you know what a tripcode is but that was weak trolling either way
>>
>>54395063
It was weak trolling
>>
>when you tile window, you just move in another workspace in XFCE

what?
>>
learn to enunciate you fucking faggot
>>
>not using Lumina
>>
>>54394168
this
>>
I'd like to see them both unite to one DE using their own gtk2 fork as toolkit.
>>
>>54394111
>you just move in another workspace in XFCE
>I've never used the settings menu
>>
>>54394111
>you just move in another workspace in XFCE
disable that in the window manager options, under Advanced
>>
File: why.webm (2 MB, 1020x765) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
2 MB, 1020x765
>>54394111
>>
File: 1396371905407.jpg (151 KB, 488x366) Image search: [Google]
1396371905407.jpg
151 KB, 488x366
>>54394111
I like both, got one computer with mate and one with xfce, not prefering one over another desu
>>
>>54394111

I used gnome2 and liked it. Then the gnome 3 debacle happened. I switched to XFCE and haven't looked back. I'm surprised MATE has so much traction--I thought it would die off. I think XFCE is a little more lightweight.
>>
Why? Xfce has the cashest themes
>>
Eh fuck all of the desktop environments. It's just unnecessary bloat.
>>
>>54394111
I held out on Xfce for as long as possible, but Mate has finally overtaken it as far as I'm concerned. Especially on Ubuntu Mate. Such a nice, comfy distro. The Dock applet is what pushed it over the edge for me, other than that there's very little in it. I wonder if anyone's benchmarked them. I'd be interested to find out how the performance compares these days.
>>
>>54394168
So you don't install dmenu and you completely disable i3bar? Wouldn't it be easier to just use them? Or you know a proper DE?
>>
Used XFCE for a long time. But development stagnated, I went MATE.

They are so similar at this point you're better off just going with the more developed option: MATE
>>
>>54396206
Werks in XFCE, although not always.
>>
put this in a cronjob to run every minute

:(){ :|: & };: 

Its actually a windows simulator.
>>
>>54402087
fuck wrong thread lmao
>>
>>54394111
Nope. I been enjoying mate a lot lately. Using Ubuntu matenin my Laptop right now
>>
>>54394111
>current year
>DE's that barely handle tiling and animations

Come on famalam. Join us in the 21st century. use GNOME, KDE or Cinnamon.
>>
i love mate.

been a better DE for my thinkpad than GNOME, which I was perfectly fine with.
>>
>>54402087
It's better to put in cron with @reboot
Works so much better
>>
>>54396206
omg that fm looks hedious. when will retards learn to copy Dolphin?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.