[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /g/ rate my build? I want to play actual games at 4K wit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Pro-1z.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Pro-1z.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
Can /g/ rate my build? I want to play actual games at 4K with everything on max.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BQkGmG
>>
It's shit
>>
>>54393418
Why?
>>
>>54393410
Wait for the new cards to come out there literally right around the corner
>>
>>54393410
At that price point and with dual 980ti's AND an m.2 SSD. I'd recommend x99 and a 5820k instead of the 6700k. Auth the H110i cooler you can overclock the 5820k to 4.4ghz matching or besting the 6700k's single core performance while having 2 more cores and more PCI-E lanes for the GPUs and SSD to not take up all your pci-e bandwidth like you'd be doing on z170.
>>
There is no reason to get an i7 for video games.
>>
>>54393451
>more PCI-E lanes
This is actually a fairly important point. Z170 only has 16 PCI-E lanes, meaning if you install an M.2 SSD since the M.2 connection uses x4 PCI-E lanes you're left with x12 lanes for your GPUs and since they only operate in x4/x8/x16 mode, they'd be running at x8 and x4 or x4 and x4 depending on the motherboard probably.

But in any case, he's right you probably want x99 for more PCI-E lanes
>>
>>54393410
>rate my build

AiO/10 come back with less placebo
>>
>>54393523
The CPU has 16 lanes and the chipset has 20 lanes for 36 lanes total. This is more than enough.
>>
>spending $2.5k to play shitty console ports
you pcucks never cease to amaze me
>>
>>54393410
>4x4GB sticks
You should probably go with 2x8 so you have two slots free for future upgrades.

>>54393523
This is inaccurate as >>54393584 said. M.2 storage in the mainstream platform is usually powered by the chipset, so 16 lanes from the CPU are left for the GPUs.

Also 2x8 ports are enough for SLI, for now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.