[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD Zen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
http://www.techpowerup.com/222231/amd-summit-ridge-silicon-reserved-for-8-core-cpus-initially

Some more new and not new Zen info.

Unit = 4 cores
Scalable to low power(4W-15W)
Strictly Inclusive cache = Meant for servers and HPC, and is more complicated than exclusive caches, AMD must feel confident.
>>
Also the initial batch will only have 8 and 6 core CPUs, so AMD is sticking to one die for the time being, dual and quad core dies will probably come later unless they're strictly reserved for mobile.

Although if AMD can fit 8 cores in 95W TDP they sure as hell can fit 4 cores in <20W with lower clocks.
>>
Raven Ridge (budget Zen) is Q4 2017
>>
>>54389688
Not buying any less than 12 cores, I'll fucking wait.
>>
>>54389688
When do the Octo cores come out? Ives been holding off on an upgrade for these.
>>
>>54390487
The octo cores with no integrated graphics (ie, FX) are going to be the first ones out, paper launch Q4 2016.
>>
>>54390511
Just hope they'll be competing with the i5 line price wise
>>
>>54390525
From the reports and rumors, it looks like they'll be quad = i3, hexa = i5 and octo = low i7 in terms of prices.
Single core performance should be around ivy bridge, closing on haswell
>>
>>54389688
GPU CPU CROSSFIRE WHEN

They promissed that feature for some time already.
Can i get myself ZEN + Polaris and make them work as 1.5 GPUs?
At least in DX12 and Vulkan i'm supposed to, right?
>>
>>54390557
Which sounds good enough. Finally a chance to upgrade, maybe.
>>
>>54390571
It'll be terrible either way.
>>
>>54390571
>>54390588
Not until there are game engines that support this feature and it is going to take a while.
>>
>>54390571
You are aware this is already a thing, right?

APU + R7 240/50

>>54390583
Remember that they'll all unlocked. A haswell at 4.5ghz will bitchslap a skylake at 3.2ghz, so zen should do the same (equal prices)
>>
>>54390752
>APU + R7 240/50
Yeah.
Not usable in any possible way though
>>
>>54390762
Actually works alright in a few games.

Now imagine if the rumors of full zen APU being equal to a 370 prove true combined with DX12
>>
>>54389688
dubs for prosperity
>>
>>54389964
Source? What exactly does "budget Zen" refer to? The 2/4 core models?
>>
>>54389964
Raven Ride is a high performance APU, it is not a budget chip.
>>
>>54389688
>2016
>still not having comparable IPC as Haslel
Top kek
Disaster confirmed, no matter how many cores it has
>>
>>54390752
>[email protected] will bitchslap [email protected]

8ghz nitro cooled Zen when?
>>
>>54392040
No Summit Ridge chip will clock like anything fabbed in 32nm PD-SOI. They don't tolerate high voltages so don't expect any new OC world records from AMD.
>>
>>54391082
>high performance APU
Raven Ridge replaces Bristol Ridge which replaces Kaveri and Kabini.
>>
>>54390571
No point.

i know current gen consoles ps4 and xboner do it but look how shitty they run games
>>
>>54392115
Bristol Ridge is refreshed Carrizo with no changes made to it.
Raven Ridge is AMD's high performance Zen based APU.

It is not a budget chip. Go stick to wccftech where you belong.
>>
>>54392156
>Bristol Ridge is refreshed Carrizo with no changes made to it.
But there are significant changes to it, namely the memory controller (switches to full DDR4 support rather than the hybrid mix they have on their Carrizo-L), instruction set, and added features for the GPU (which is going to be some sort of 28nm hybrid of Polaris and Tonga)
>>
>>54392299
All Carrizo dies have the exact same 3rd part DDR3/DDR4 memory controller. This has not changed whatsoever, OEM Bristol Ridge can use whatever memory the manufacturer wishes. There are no changes to the IGP either. It is not a respin, its 100% exactly the same as Carrizo.

Carrizo-L is just refreshed Beema, it is not the same Excavator module die. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
You're a tech illiterate little faggot.
>>
File: AMD_Polaris.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AMD_Polaris.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
Zen is too far away, but I can wait. I sure hope they don't drop features so I can GPU passthrough in the future. Do a good job and I might make a server as well with your stuff, AMD. Beat a 3570k at 4.3GHz and I'll gladly take your 8 core option. Building, encoding, and running VMs would be much better. Also hoping they put up their Polaris support on Linux. I'd love to not use Nvidia and proprietary drivers.
>>
>>54392507
Zen is first and foremost enterprise oriented. I doubt they'll remove anything in terms of virtualization features from their consumer CPUs. Consumer CPUs are derived from their server dies, and it would take extra work to disable something like that.
>>
>>54390752
>A haswell at 4.5ghz will bitchslap a skylake at 3.2ghz
not gonna overclock, I dont want stability issues
>>
>>54392380
>Bristol Ridge can use whatever memory the manufacturer wishes
Desktop Bristol Ridge is supposed to have dual channel DDR4-only memory controller, not the hybrid memory controller mobile Carrizo has now.
>There are no changes to the IGP either
But there is, you dumbfuck. Bristol Ridge is supposed to have a mix of current GCN features and some GCN 4.0 features added on to it.
>Carrizo-L is just refreshed Beema, it is not the same Excavator module die
You're right about that, I'll admit.

>You're a tech illiterate little faggot
Guzzle my cunt, you fucking autistic virgin manchild.
>>
>>54392626
>butthurt little faggot can't hold back his homo tard rage

Bristol Ridge has no changes whatsoever. It is 100% the exact same die as Carrzio.
Keep your wccftech rumormill nonsense to yourself, little faggot.
>>
>>54392687
>assmad Inteljew kike can't hold back his Jewish muh shekels shilling
Found the Oven Dodger
>>
File: Despair.png (52 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
Despair.png
52 KB, 318x470
>tfw not investing $15000 on AMD stock back when shares were at 1.7
I hate myself so much.
>>
>>54393095
There are far better companies to invest in.
Fingerprint increased 20x over like 3 months. Nice for those who owned a lot of stocks there over that period.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.