[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
272 million email accounts compromised , enable 2-step verification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2-factor-authentication.png (39 KB, 400x327) Image search: [Google]
2-factor-authentication.png
39 KB, 400x327
Whom recieved an notification about this major data breach
>>
>>54389564
http://plugnstay.com/it-may-be-a-good-time-to-update-your-email-password/
>>
But 2FA opens up another attack surface, one can intercept incoming calls and smses and take over your account.
>>
>>54389605
for that case you got hardware tokens like SecurID
>>
So we need a pastebin or a searchable database of usernames so we know whether we're impacted. I have 2-factor on already since it was offered but I don't want to change passwords if I don't have to
>>
>but Google suggests enabling a recovery phone number for their Google accounts.
every place wants a fucking phone number now
probably because that makes it easier for the botnet to tie everything to your real identity
>>
>>54389564
>not posting the original sauces
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-passwords-idUSKCN0XV1I6
http://holdsecurity.com/news/the_collector_breach/
>>
you fucking idiots

do you think Google stores passwords in plaintext?

even if they somehow got millions of passwords they still had to bruteforce them and that would take 1000000 years
>>
has the database they received been released yet? added to haveibeenpwned?

I use 32 character passwords and 2factor but it's tied to my google voice account which is tied to my gmail account. probably not so secure, but oh well.

also if these passwords are just hashed then who gives a fuck lmao
>>
>>54389697
those fucking email providers want every piece of privacy we have including our phone numbers
>>
>>54389713
from holdsecurity
"We have set records before, initially with the Adobe user database including 153 million records, then with 360 million recovered in February 2014, and finally with 1.2 billion credentials in the most substantial breach known to-date."
do people actually believe them?
>>
I would like to know how they breached Google.
>>
does anyone have a link to the darkweb forum or knows how to download that db?
>>
If regular databases use salted hashes then Gmail probably uses something twice as secure, so who cares. Everyone should have 2FA on things that matter anyway.
>>
>>54389689

haveibeenpwned.com
>>
>>54389773
Sadly yes.

Your fetishes, shopping habits, personal shit, and deep psychological traits that you don't even know are linked to your real identity.

I would like to stop whining and make a move. But I can't think of a solution.
>>
>>54390066
I wish they would host the pastes so we could see what was actually associated with accounts that were posted.
>>
>>54389684
is there any reason to use SecurID over Yubikey, other than the BlackBerry enterprise support?
>>
>>54389934
Pretty unlikely google has been compromised by plebs like this, it's probably just a collection of all the breached accounts from adobe etc that reused their password.

Sounds like mail.ru got pwned maybe though
>>
File: 1461236240121.png (272 KB, 447x458) Image search: [Google]
1461236240121.png
272 KB, 447x458
>>54390066
>check an old email I don't use
>pwned in 8 breeches
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.