[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any SIMD extension amd develops will eventually lack software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
any SIMD extension amd develops will eventually lack software support and flops/$ of both intel, amd or nvidia are roughly the same. I hate to say it but buying a product which is not made by the market leader makes as much sense as left wing politics.
Little to none of the video editing software in the market supports amd's video encoding engine for example.
In these market conditions, AMD's strategy can only be benefiring from the ignorance of the customers. Prove me wrong. also, please respond.
>>
>>54388690
why don't you rewrite your post in proper english?
>>
>>54388690
>buying a product which is not made by the market leader
So I guess you buy iPhones then, right?
Also, are you retarded? Plenty of video editing software supports OpenCL acceleration, including the Adobe suite and Sony Vega, arguably the most important ones. Few of them are limited to just CUDA, and those tend to be the smaller, lesser used ones.
>>
>>54388690
If AMD truly wanted traction for their extensions and OpenCL. They'd do the 'Gaywerks' method by paying/for free work with software firms to incorporate their technologies in their encoding and whatever else. Keep doing it for free till 40% of the software firms customers are AMD based hardware. Drop free support in accordance with the initial agreement to provide support and resources maintaining their technologies. And then watch as the software firms depend on it for 40% of their customers and support their technology on their own accord.

Just like Nvidia and Intel.
>>
>>54390949
>traction for their extensions and OpenCL
Traction for OpenCL already exists in professional software. Not only because it works on both Nvidia and AMD, but more importantly because it also works on Intel IGPs, which are the most common GPUs.
Also, if ARM ever becomes relevant on the professional market, it supports that too.
>>
>>54388690
your chat bot sucks
>>
>>54388690
Apple Uses AMD.
Adobe is Apple's bitch.
Yoiu are stupid.
>>
>>
Why doesn't Intel make real GPUs? They completely destroy AMD in the CPU department, I'm sure they could sweep the market if they applied their jewish tricks to graphics chips.
>>
>>54391177
what GPU?
If you that's Open CL on Nvidia nothing to be surprised.
Nvidia sucks complete faggot ass with it.
>>
>>54391609
lower profits.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.