[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visual Logic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Calu.png (155 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Calu.png
155 KB, 1280x800
Does anyone here have any experience with this? I'm working on a project for an introductory programming course, and I can't figure out why the graphics aren't outputting like I want them to.
>>
>>54388662

>introductory programming

lmao what the fuck kind of meme school are you going to that they're teaching you how to program like this
>>
>>54388675
>like this
As opposed to what? This is all I've been exposed to, so I don't know what else is out there.

To answer your question, it's a shitty community college. Yes, I know it's pointless to pursue a career in computers if you're not at one of the top ten schools in the country, according to /g/. I don't need lectured on that. I'm doing the best I can given my current circumstances, and I could use some help.
>>
>>54388737

1. You don't need to go to a top 10 school. I go to a D1 state school and they're pretty decent, although they could be better.

2. Most decent/good programmers are self-taught. Don't blame school.

OK you want help to learn programming. Download Visual Studio. Learn how to code in C and/or C++. It is a good starting point. There are lots of online resources for you. You're honestly wasting your time with this community college class if this is what they are having you do. My advice to you would be to get into a state university as soon as you can and take programming there. Community college is not for "core classes", it's for general education. If you don't want to pursue a degree in "programming" then you can take a programming course at the university as a non-degree seeking student.
>>
>programming
>all he has open is MS word, MS paint, and Visual Designer whatever the fuck that is
>>
>>54388737

I was also a CC bro. The fact that you want to learn really goes a long way so please do not be discouraged by your current predicament. It might take you a while anon but if you stick with it, learn what you can from online resources, and get into a university you WILL progress and better your life. It might take a few years so you will have to be patient but it will be worth it in the end.
>>
>>54388662

what's your email faggot I'll send you some sample code to get you started
>>
File: moot_does_not_like_gentoo.jpg (376 KB, 743x413) Image search: [Google]
moot_does_not_like_gentoo.jpg
376 KB, 743x413
>>54388662
>press 2 to minus
>to minus
>minus
>not subtract
>minus
>>
>>54388881
[email protected]
>>
>>54388907

sent ;^)
>>
>>54388866
He's probably writing the code in Times New Roman 12pt. Saved as a docx. GUI is done in paint.
>>
>>54388866
>>54388901
>>54388914
Just to clarify, I didn't take that screenshot. I just grabbed it from Google Images.

>>54388907
This is not me.
>>
>>54388846
>You're honestly wasting your time with this community college
I've thought this from the get-go, but everyone keeps telling me to "stay positive" because I "don't know what will come of it." I want to transfer to a real university, but I'm not sure if I can at this point.

>>54388881
>I'll send you some sample code
I don't need any sample code. I need help with a specific problem, which I believe is a bug in the software itself.
>>
>>54388913
What do i do after i run the .exe file?
>>
>>54388662
Use Visio. It's an industry standard. If anyone tells you otherwise they are freecucks.
>>
>>54388955
The course requires us to use this software. It uses Logo's "turtle graphics" system, but I think it's bugged. The issue I'm having is that the "Move To" command doesn't produce a line, even when I put the pen down beforehand. It means I have to use relative angles and vectors for my graphics rather than absolute coordinates, and it's a fucking pain.
>>
>>54388935

you don't want any sample code yet you're sitting here fucking around on Visual Design at community college in an attempt to "learn to code" and "make the best of my circumstances".

ok then, i was trying to be helpful. I guess now you can go fuck yourself faggot. have fun with your meme class dumbfuck. you seem to have all the answers, good luck.
>>
>>54388997
>fucking around
It's for a grade.

>"make the best of my circumstances"
You got a problem with that?

I didn't come here looking for help with coding. I came here looking for an answer to a specific question. I don't know why you're so ass-blasted about me rejecting your unsolicited help when I didn't ask for it in the first place.

Stay mad, faggot.
>>
>>54388974
As I said, Visio is an industry standard.

Your college/university is out of touch with the current marketplace (probably due to ancient teachers) and is basically sabotaging your education. I suggest changing to a different college/university whilst you still haven't put in too much time into this one.

Whilst nothing inherently wrong with doing this task, it's like telling your students to only use windows 95 because you can't be assed to learn something new. You're basically learning how to use old software that you're never going to use after your education, and if they do it with "visual designer" then they are probably doing it to a lot of other aspects of your education basically handicapping you when you are competing with other, more up to date, job applicants.

This unfortunately happens a lot in technology fields since the teachers are old idiots who couldn't keep up to date thus was forced to go into teaching. Basically get into a better university with teachers that actually update their classes and don't just run the same classes for 20+ years.
>>
>>54389008

if you had even the slightest idea as to what you were doing you wouldn't be in this position to begin with - which means you don't know how to code at all and therefore could use some help.
>>
>>54389031
>if you had even the slightest idea as to what you were doing
>you don't know how to code at all
How do you know what I know or don't know? You don't.

It's not a coding question. I don't know how else to say that.
>>
>>54388935
> wasting your time

Well, what does your gut tell you?

Follow your gut, even if you are not sure where it will lead right now.

Pic related.
>>
>>54388955
> free
> cuck
>>
>>54388737

Most colleges nowadays are just straight up money making enterprises, you end up starting life right out of the box saddled with debt, and nothing to show for it but a piece of paper and a sub standard education. I think this is the gist of what the "top ten or bust" gentoomen are driving at.

However, I think unless you need that piece of paper, you are probably better off learning the fundamentals via Khan Academy or Harvard's cs50, which are free. After that (or before/during) you can also take the other advice given here and just start hacking away learning to code in one or more languages.

I think the truth is, if you are not the naturally curious sort, and don't like learning and focusing things out on your own, you might not be suited to computers in general, or programming in particular.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.