[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just installed gentoo now what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1450888928471.png (569 KB, 566x823) Image search: [Google]
1450888928471.png
569 KB, 566x823
I just installed gentoo now what?
>>
>>54387986
It's time to optimize it even further.
Grab the new unstable kernel and compile it 6 times with diferent options to test it for your hardware, don't stop until you have achieved maximum performance on all possible areas of application.
>>
>>54387986
I have never heard of gentoo now what.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
Fuck up the drivers causing you to lose your audio, internet connection, and completely break your DE.
>>
>>54387986
Enjoy the best distro in existence.

Also make a tmpfs for Portage
>>
>>54388003
It's the distro with the best performance, best customization, and longest install times.
>>
>>54388524
And longish oh-shit-it_broke fix it times.
>>
Wipe your disks and put CentOS 7 there..
>>
Great. Now install something with emerge and your right of passage is over.

You may install Debian and start using linux, rather than it using you.
>>
>>54389874
Every time I've seen somebody ask for help on the gentoo forums they've been told "why are you in the stable branch? go to testing" and left hanging
>>
>>54389922
I can't emerge git because one of the dependencies for git has perl 20 as a dependency but one of the others has perl 22 as a dependency and you can't have both at once. nice
>>
>>54387986
reinstall gentoo
>>
>>54389874
I use it daily on multiple computers, but all problems I've previously have were my own mistake. When you set it up somewhat right you can expect minimal problems.
>>
>>54387986
Cry
>>
>>54387986
>he fell for the install gentoo meme
>>
File: install-gentoo.webm (1 MB, 506x222) Image search: [Google]
install-gentoo.webm
1 MB, 506x222
Install it again.
>>
Install Gentoo RAP on your phobe
>>
>>54390169
>one application has perl20 as dependency
>another application has perl22 as dependency

But gentoo is the greatest distro of all time, anon. :^)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.