[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, I posted this on /v/ but it's probably better to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: euph.jpg (43 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
euph.jpg
43 KB, 500x352
Hi /g/, I posted this on /v/ but it's probably better to post it here.
Basically I got a new laptop but it's displaying dark colors like a badly compressed JPG, and I've messed around with the settings but the problem persists.
Could it be a hardware issue or something else? Thanks.
>>
I'm hard
>>
It could be a hardware issue or something else. Most likely to do with display drivers, try updating them. If not see if there are 3rd party display setting you can mess with. If both those options fail to fix it then contact the vendor to see if they have a fix.
>>
>>54387634
To be precise, it's shadows that are affected the most by this, the start menu looks like someone spilled oil all over it

>>54387642
o-ok
>>
>>54387642
this
>>
>>54387661
The drivers are all up to date, and after messing around I've left all settings on default. It came with a lot of Lenovo shit installed though, could those programs be doing something related to this? Thank you.
>>
>>54387702
Most likely Lenovo programs, while annoying and bloated, won't interfere with the graphics. You might want to try getting rid of them anyways though.
>>
>>54387634
kill yourself you fucking faggot
>>
>>54387714
Uninstalled all the Lenovo programs but nothing. Although turning down the Gamma a little made it less noticeable.
Oh well
>>
>>54387634
You get it shipped to you OP? Only thing I can think of is a driver issue or something killing the pixels physically, like heat or pressure.
>>
>>54387887
Or warped the display rather.
>>
File: 1455596334803.jpg (327 KB, 1488x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455596334803.jpg
327 KB, 1488x1600
try installing different drivers if up to date have this problem try downloading earlier version, if the problem continues contact the seller about faulty hardware
>>
>>54387887
Someone gave it to me actually, as my old toaster bit the dust recently. If it's a hardware issue is the only solution to get a new one?
>>
>>54387634
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Why is this thread still up then?
>>
>>54387927
Ohh, you said the laptop was new and I assumed you had bought it new. Anyways, my best guess is that previous owner smooshed the screen some or left it in a hot vehicle. Maybe he got smudges or something on it. I assume you've tried cleaning the screen, right?
>>
>>54387938
Prolly because the /sqt/ is pretty unhelpful and sometimes outright demeaning. Sadly a thread had to die for this thread, but better to help the person after the damage is done than to be an ass about it.
>>
Take a picture of the issue so we can see. God damn
>>
>>54387634
1. get ubuntu on usb
2. reboot from the usb stick
3. open any dark colour image
If this problem persist it is most likely either:
a) firmware issue of the display controller
b) display problem per se (it is not rare to see artifacts if the display ribbon is fucket)
c) other HW issue (perhaps GPU)
>>
File: screen.png (325 KB, 596x419) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
325 KB, 596x419
>>54387995
Shit, sorry it took me forever.
I've taken screenshots and sent them to other devices and no artifacts could be seen, it's just this screen. Bright colors are perfectly fine but the rest is all like this.

>>54388022
Thanks mate, I'll try this now
>>
>>54388139
>TN panel
found your problem
>>
>>54388314
So is it fucked?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.