[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decently Priced laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 53billoindownthedrain.gif (652 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
53billoindownthedrain.gif
652 KB, 500x238
Greetings gentleman.
I have come in the attempt to narrow down the number of laptop models you can buy for a decent price as i'm about to buy one to replace my old one.

The laptop will be used for CAD work, Video Rendering, Programing, Circuit Design, multiboot of 4 Operating Systems with 1 Windows Partition, 4 Linux Distributions, 2 BSD distributions and if possible Hackintosh with integrated graphics only.

Workstation tier laptops where considered but the price range was too high even though the performance was justified.
Current models I narrowed down the search for currently are

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak010nr - 999$ about 800-950€
Inspiron 15 7559 Series Non-Touch - 899$ about 750-890€ depending on tax and location

Reasons of why will be explained bellow.

>Image not related
>>
File: c04820749.png (79 KB, 474x356) Image search: [Google]
c04820749.png
79 KB, 474x356
The HP Pavilion Gaming notebook

Pros
>Good Service Manuals
>Good warranty for user repairs
>ODD Capable

Cons
>General Shit build quality on the screen's back
>Base Model includes a 15'' inch HD screen instead of FHD
>GTX 950 with DDR3 memory
>Higher Price then the Inpiron
>>
The Dell Inspirion 15'' multimedia laptop

Pros
>FHD Screen by default
>GTX 960 with GDDR5 RAM
>Much cheaper entry price then all models
>Service manuals and user warranty

Cons
> Core i5 by default
>16 gb of RAM limit
>>
Read the sticky
>>
>>54386864
The sticky does not include information for current gen laptops.

And this is a deliberation on current models for affordability and performance.

The wiki also doesn't reflect on current gen laptops and on the newer think pads.

I could have even said this was a laptop General Thread and it'd be the exact same thing.
Everyone discussing laptops.
>>
>>54386906
>The sticky does not include information for current gen laptops
You know what it does have information on?
Whether or not /g/ is a consumer tech review board. (hint: it's not)

Fuck off to /adv/
>>
>>54386917
Implying /adv/ knows shit about laptops.
None of the other boards have a general knowledge of technology.
It's like asking a donkey if they want to drive a car.
>>
>>54386929
>Implying /adv/ knows shit about laptops
I didn't imply that. I told you that's where this thread belongs. You won't get jack for an answer, but at least the thread is allowed there.

4chan is not a help forum. Find a website that is.
>>
>>54386946
I wish I could.
But everyone has a biased opinion on whats good.

If I go to /adv/ they tell me to fuck off to /wsr/.
And /wsr/ tells me to fuck off back to /g/ because they don't know jack shit as well.
>>
>>54386974
Yeah, because 4chan isn't a fucking help forum. Go somewhere that is
>>
>>54386981
Have you seen current day hardware forums these days?
They are literally filled with shills everywhere.
And those that aren't shills are recomending 2k "premium" Hardware and saying "it's just better" which is bullshit because it's brands like clevo and etc.. which have shit warranties and support for user repairs.
>>
Adding these 2 to the list (Albeit not recomending the rog though)
Gigabyte P55K-BWCUK
ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.