[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Organizing files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (39 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39 KB, 594x480
Need help organizing files.

I have downloaded threads with images inside. Unfortunately the files range from just one to 300.

If I were to distribute this how would I organize it? Put all the images in one folder? Just remove the ones with not many responses?
I feel like people will want to be able to filter through the threads since they're related images.

Maybe append each filename with the name of the thread to make it easy to filter out?
>>
>>54385723
Bump
>>
Why are you asking this on a technology board, like, what the fuck man?
>>
>>54386027
Well what other board does it fit?

Hc? Adv? None of these fit it
>>
It sounds like it's already organized.
>>
>>54386065
But it's rather difficult to navigate since there are thousands of these.
Maybe I'll put a tag on each for number of files, or prune everything lower than 10 images then
>>
Bulk Rename Utility; Might help at least name or number everything

As far as actual organization
I dont know man
>>
Why are you even downloading threads? Who are these people who supposedly would want to be able to filter yadda yadda yadda?
>>
File: IEUfi6v.jpg (556 KB, 634x1614) Image search: [Google]
IEUfi6v.jpg
556 KB, 634x1614
>>54385723
Your first mistake was downloading the threads without first having an organization strategy in place.

Your second mistake was not organizing them while you were downloaded them.

Your final mistake was giving a shit about their orginizaition after you had downloaded them without a plan.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>54385723
Get an explorer replacement that isn't shit and lets you calculate folder sizes. Sort by folder size, delete whatever ones you don't want.
>>
>>54386106
Haha I have the entire html to scrape with, it's not like it's a hard thing to restart with better filenames and everything
>>
>>54386122
>start over
>this time have a plan
I hope you have learned from the mistakes I have pointed out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.