[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really care about privacy, so why should I use linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I don't really care about privacy, so why should I use linux over windows? It interest me but a lot, but no AMD drivers, no games, no good DAWs that I'm aware of. So if you do use linux, why?
>>
You shouldn't.
>>
It's fun and it's yours to do with anything you want
>>
Literally memes. No reason, sign up for a gmail here friend. Aside from g-apps windows is the way forward my friend :)
>>
>>54385116
You can customise your system more if you want to, installing software is easy and updates actually work, but the main reason is that the Windows kernel is slow AF, hence the popularity of the SSD meme because it makes Windows almost as fast as an old Ubuntu install
>>
Imagine that didn't play games and were more interested with tinkering with software.
>>
>>54385720
That's like saying SSD makes Windows 10 almost as fast as an old Windows XP install. Come on now.
>>
File: cap.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
I use Ubuntu becasue it's window managment features are unrivaled and once you learn how the system works then it's really easy to get the job done, i really get frustrated of how Windows get's in your way and the sheer lack of features every OS has, i mean Windows just got virtual desktop just now, 20 years late.
I really don't like to thinker with your OS because it's a tool, so i don't see myself using Windows any time soon.
Plus there is no alternative to the HUD and it's a shame, i think office 2016 has something similar but nothing system wide.
>>
>>54385116
I can't really speak to the situations of others, but if you have a personal laptop and enjoy fucking around with it, there isn't much reason not to use linux.

I've been considering switching my laptop into linux as soon as I get a desktop to play games and fall back on when I fuck it up.
>>
ayy lmms
>>
>>54385116
>not caring about privacy
literal cuck (but i digress)

>no drivers
yes there are, actually.
>no games
wine (or you can stop playing vidya and be productive?)
>no good daws
lmms is decent.
>>
>>54385116
Then don't, just leave; bye.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.