[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refurbished Electronics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 2in1lolololol.jpg (88 KB, 689x359) Image search: [Google]
2in1lolololol.jpg
88 KB, 689x359
Thoughts on buying refurbished/ used towers, and laptops? I have a home PC, but need something portable (Looking at 11" and 13") to run an HVAC control program for work. Been looking at Dell Inspiron and ThinkPads cause of /g/, but kind of want a 2 in 1, since I don't type much at all. The extra portability actually comes in handy in my trade.

Anyways, what you guys think of buying refurbished laptops?

What you guys think of the Dell Inspiron 13" 2 in 1
THIS to be exact>>>>>>

Inspiron 13-7353 Intel Core i5-6200U X2 2.3GHz 8GB 128GB SSD 13.3"
>>
>2 in 1
Get a CF-19.
No refurbishing needed since they're indestructible, great battery life, practical, and dirt cheap secondhand.
>>
>>54383603
Wow thanks! I will look into this. However I'm not certain whether it looks like a childrens computer, or a bitchin' military device for controlling drones
>>
>>54383544
>Anyways, what you guys think of buying refurbished laptops?

Buy Business/Military grade laptop/tower. It's unsafe buy a disposable electronic devices like most consumer devices.

If you don't want business laptops. refurbished Laptops from Apple can be repair.

Also if you want 2-1, buy theses.
>>
>>54383640
Bitchin military device.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6mX8Q1waA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-EnlNiFSdY
This is their laptop model, I have the older version and it's a tank. Even the "semi rugged" models are robust enough to withstand more than a laptop should be expected to.
>>
>>54383712
Biggest test for me. Can it stay in the tool bins of a work truck in 110 degree Arizona heat, where the inside of the metal bins probably get to 150*??
>>
>>54383822
Yes, it has all sorts of high/low heat protection. I've held a propane torch to mine with no ill effects or scorching. The case is made of metal too so it won't deform.
>>
File: thisguy.jpg (29 KB, 629x329) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.jpg
29 KB, 629x329
>>54383822
do you think it gets hot enough in your tool box to bubble metal?
>>
>>54383862
>Implying that heat can't fuck up other parts
>>
File: 1456496807500.jpg (427 KB, 650x925) Image search: [Google]
1456496807500.jpg
427 KB, 650x925
>>54383544
they probably had someone's cum all over them
>>
>>54383544
Is that lying so that the keyboard is face down on the table?

Seems like a great way to get drink spills into your keyboard.
>>
>>54383822
look up milspec certifications

even your average thinkpad or elitebook should be able to withstand that
otherwise store it outside of the toolbox because you aren't retarded
>>
>>54383544
>What you guys think of the Dell Inspiron 13" 2 in 1 THIS to be exact>>>>>> Inspiron 13-7353 Intel Core i5-6200U X2 2.3GHz 8GB 128GB SSD 13.3"
I have an older version of this (used an i5-4210U) and bought it as a refurb
swapped out the HDD for an SSD and have had no problems since.
be wary of 2 in 1 issues with ribbon cables in the hinges though
>>
>>54383701
>can be repair
OK Pajeet
Literally.

Post yfw you realise you're interacting from somebody from the subcontinent
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.