[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not a programmer but why do I have the impression that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
I'm not a programmer but why do I have the impression that anyone who programs in anything other than Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, C (in specific situations), python and perl (in academia) or PHP is a hipster who does no real work and tries to cultivate the impression that they have a high IQ?
>>
>>54379912

Oh yeah, and Ruby
>>
>>54379912
>dumb frogposter
>>
>>54379912
>im not a programmer

fuck off then
>>
File: 1455083847932.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455083847932.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>2016
>posting reddit frog
>>
Because the less you know the more of an opinion you have.

You don't even know why any of those languages are better but you perceive them as "harder" so you value them more for some reason. If asked to explain you wouldn't even be able to
>>
>>54379912
Because your knowledge is derived from /g/ memes
>>
>>54379912
because you have no idea what you are talking about.

>>54380037
sums it up perfectly
>>
>>54379999
Feels bad man and feels good man are classics, anything past it is reddit garbage.
>>
>>54379912
anyone who argues over languages is usually a unproductive faggot.
Sure there is some languages that rely heavily on notation (bash, perl, matlab etc), but the majority of languages is in plain english, so "learning" a language is more about learning how you do things like how to compile/run a large project.
Obviously an OS should not be written in java and you wouldn't write a desktop application in javascript, but you pick a language that suits the project and go from there.
>>
>>54379999
Quads of truth
>>54380089
Kys
>>
>>54379912
>other than
>Java
>JavaScript
>python
>perl
>PHP

>no real work
>>
>>54379999
C H E C K
H
E
C
K
>>
>>54379912
Just choose the right tool for the job...
>>
Because you're a retarded who builds up some 'beliefs' about something and then even when presented with clear proof, logic and reasoning still stands behind his previous convictions as if it's a religion or something.

Usually some autistic neckbeard has a bad experience with a certain language or framework and then even 5years into the future when all the kinks are sorted out and it works flawlessly he still hates it. Why? He can't tell you.
>>
>>54380111
You fucking newfag, feels bad man and feels good man was before the frog had the name pepe and reddit was a thing.
>>
>>54380170
>Le funnie underage meme frog are classics

literally kys
>>
>>54380206
Just the first two are 4chan memes, anything past it is reddit.
>>
>>54380170
you fucking newfag, i was here when boxxy was still our queen and before moot had a sexchange and became a little girl, so shut the fuck up
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 4500x4334
>>54380222
Fuck off

4chan belongs to reddit
>>
>>54380249
Lie
>>
>>54380170
Who the fuck cares?

4chan was always shit, it's just addicting because you can post whatever the fuck you want without repercussions.
>>
>>54379912
Get lost, lousy frogposter.
>>
Because you're not a programmer
>>
haskell and scala and lisp dialects are used in scientific computing, but you can look at job postings to find out what's popular.
>>
What you are misunderstanding OP is that those languages are making jobs right now. The other ones probably did make jobs, or someone's career, but have been extended as an included effort as reflected by the paradigm. You could possibly describe them as learning about color, but not through the use of red, blue or green rather through the use of mathematics, heat or frequency.
>>
>>54384983
I meant to emphasize RIGHT NOW.

That's why we're talking about them. If there were craigslist ads for D, Fortran and others I would probably bother learning them. But as it is, I can't even find a job using what I know. I better not get carried away with learning things I won't be able to use.
>>
>>54383235

Lisp is also fairly popular with AutoDesk products too.

They even have an IDE for it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.