[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No video from new Asus motherboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 13-131-878-TS.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
13-131-878-TS.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>bought Asus motherboard because it has usb 3.0
>install new board
>can't get video output from either on board video or Radeon card
>return motherboard, newegg says nothing wrong with it, sends new board anyway
>install new board
>no video signal, no beep codes

WTF is wrong? When I sent the board back I installed the old board and everything works fine. Is there some new awful "no video jumper" that nobody told me about?
>>
I've tried the DVI, VGA, and HDMI ports. No video from any of them.
>>
>>54377450
Did you change the setting in the BIOS?
>>
>>54377468
No, I'd like to but there is no video out of the box.
>>
>>54377481
What's your processor? Maybe you need to update the BIOS.
>>
tried different cables? is it your monitor?
>>
>>54377492
i3770k

>>54377499
Tried two different monitors, no video signal on either
>>
>pls send help /g/, I am retarded >:v(
>>
>>54377512
got another board to test on the same rig? just to make sure nothing else is the issue.
>>
>>54377512
Plug monitor on the on board HDMI, unplug GPU form the PCIe and reset BIOS (by hardware).
>>
>>54377528
Already have, everything works fine on old board.

>>54377539
tried it
>>
>>54377450
Sure you have your RAM all the way in?
>>
>>54377553
that's what she said
>>
>>54377553
Double-checked and tried going down to 1 stick of ram
>>
Monitor bjorked
>>
>>54377599
Both of them? And only on this motherboard? The work fine on the old board.
>>
>>54377546
send it back mate, get refund and buy a completely different board, I couldn't be fucked messing around with that like.
>>
>>54377450
Sure they sent you a new motherboard? They've sent me the same motherboard back 3 times before even though they told me they sent a new one. Check if the S/N is the same.

Seriously don't buy from newegg, use them to find parts then order off amazon. Fuck newegg, they're giant kikes.
>>
>>54377644
Good point, they may have just rewrapped it.

They used to be good but I haven't had a reason to upgrade much the last few years.
>>
>>54377636
Normally I try to avoid Asus but this is the only board that I could find in ITX/socket 1155 that has USB 3.0
>>
take out all ram except for 1 stick

same thing happened w me and i had to reconfigure ram settings in bios
>>
Never mind, found the problem. Thanks guys
>>
>>54377450
check for bent pins where the cpu goes
>>
I sent you the fix per pm ;)
>>
>>54377644
Now that I think about it the first time I received the board there was a header speaker in the box. The second time there wasn't. It is probably the same board.

Those perfidious hebes.
>>
>>54377875
>>54378011
Never change guys.
>>
>>54377492
Literally just built my pc, same thing happened. Update the bios and everything will be fine
>>
>>54378089
Update the bios with no video? Or buy a sandybridge CPU to see if it works with the old bios, then update?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.