[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you get electric power in the woods? Going to move to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Granskog.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Granskog.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Can you get electric power in the woods?

Going to move to the woods to get away from society fyi
>>
>>54375318
>using electricity
Enjoy your botnet faggot
>>
>wants to get away from society
>still wants all the comforts of a society
You can have it if you can make it.
>>
>>54375411
I still want to play dota and browse the web without having actual people around me
>>
Sure but be ready to shell out thousands for solar panels + an inverter and a battery array to store that energy in.

Or just accept that being on the grid is the best thing you can do right now.
>>
Peltier effect
>>
>>54375427
Just move to a small ass town in kansas or something then.
>>
>>54375430
dumb tripfag
>>
>>54375805
This is your best bet. Just move to a small town, You don't even have to live in the town as there will most likely be houses with electricity hookups outside town in what is basically surrounding forests. That's how it is near where I live in NC/Virginia. There are tons of houses around where I can guarantee not a single person would ever knock on your door.
>>
>>54375318
Yeah, if the gas is cheap, get gas generator.
If you have huge initial capital - get a mix of wind/sun powered stuff.
If you have small capital get wind powered shit.

Best case scenario (my case) if you are near to some small river or something, put a wheel in it, done you just got "free" electric power.
>>
>>54375877
>>54375805
>Can I move to the woods and get electricity off the grid
>SURE YEAH DUDE TOTTALLY, JUST DONT MOVE TO THE WOODS AND ACTUALLY CHANGE YOUR MIND AND DO WHATEVER WE SAY YEAH
>>
>>54376094
>someone asks about doing something extremely radical, difficult, and expensive
>suggest an easier, more feasible, realistic alternative that still offers much of the same benefits
Seems reasonable to me.

If OP were capable of living alone in the woods, he probably wouldn't be on /g/ asking about electricity.
>>
>>54375318

at this point, you really do need to get >>>/out/

>they probably would have better advice for you in this department than we do
>>
>>54376152
Also, if I didn't make it clear, a lot of houses in my area are basically "in the woods" and if you removed your driveway, people probably wouldn't even notice your residence. Sure, you might be a bit closer to the road or neighbors than desired, but technically someone could find you no matter how far in the woods you live. And if nobody bothers you, there's no practical difference.

Also, satellite internet is unusable for gaming, which would be the only viable option if you were truly many miles from civilization.
>>
>>54376159
thread/
>>
if you can get a property with flowing water (as in, a small stream) with no restrictions on usage, microhydro is pretty based and you can build a generator with an oil drum, some fan blades, and an alternator from the junkyard. This is going to be more "raspberry pi" than "gaming PC" tier wattage though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.