[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is an appropriate amount to spend on your first PC build?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: gore.jpg (965 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
gore.jpg
965 KB, 2048x1536
What is an appropriate amount to spend on your first PC build?
>>
It really doesn't matter if it's your first or fifth, it solely matters what you want to do with it.

If you want a Core i7-6700 machine with 16GB of RAM and a 960 GTX video card, expect to spend right under $1k USD. But also be aware, prices on computer components are generally cheapest in the U.S., elsewhere there can be some astonishing differences.
>>
$4000
>>
In canada, its about 1200 canadian pasos for a standard gaming build, not including monitor, keyboard and mouse
>>
>>54374701
>Canadian maplebux
What is that in real money, like 800?
>>
>>54374729
Around that, yes. The problem is, it will drop so far below ameripennies really fast, making shit cost a lot more (even things that are grown/made here). But when the mapleruppie goes back up, it is a slow climb, and prices dont drop for a while.
>>
>>54374667
>i7
>960
>>
>>54374641
$200 so when you inevitably do something as dumb as pic related, you aren't out $1200.
>>
>>54374641
$1000 plus peripherals.

i5-6500 cpu
B150 motherboard
8 gb ram
R9 390 video card
240 gb sandisk ssd + 1tb toshiba/hitachi hdd
some 600w evga/xfx/seasonic psu
fractal design define r5 case
>>
>>54375520
This pretty much
>>
>>54374641
bad time to buy a new build honestly

You dont have anything you can reuse?

New intel and amd cpu's coming next year and new gpu's very soon.
>>
Yeah i agree with guy above and if follow idiot whos says i7 gtx 960 might as well be fucked get r9 390 or higher if you want long lasting comp with an i5 also you just really need only 8 gb of ram
>>
>>54374667
that's a special kind of shitty build
>>
>>54374641
This is a time of transition, save up $1500 and see what happens in a year
>>
>>54374667
960 is more appropriate for an i3 build.

That's exactly what I have (4160+960 4GiB), very happy with it but probably a bad time to buy new with the current parts.
>>
>>54375520
>define r5 case
anyone building right now with only one GPU should go ITX

there is literally no reason not to

even two GPU builds are best at mATX

ATX is stupid
>>
>>54375763
you are butt hurt because you live in a little shack with no room for a majestic atx build kys anon
>>
>>54375595
I don't understand the hate for 16 gb+ RAM. There are plenty activities where you need as much RAM as possible. Not to mention 8 gb of ram costs about as much as an extended mouse pad or an average gaming mouse.
>>
>>54375520

Building a new pc every 2-3 years $1000 is right on the mark. Budget a little more to 'future proof' and drag it out 4-5 years. This is not including peripherals. If you buy a nice keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and monitor they should last you multiple builds though if not practically indefinitely.
>>
>>54375595
Oh bullshit on the 8gb meme.

t.6600 owner
>>
>>54374667

>i7
>960

Wew lad
>>
>>54375579
you all been sprouting this dumbmeme since November
>>
>>54374956
Yeah. It's true. Especially if you're getting something from the US.
Something that might be ~$250is in the US can easily rocket up to $400 CAD, after shipping, currency conversion, customs fees, and taxes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.