[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesnt /g/ fap over this instead of thinkpad meme? >replaceable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: asuspro b8430ua.jpg (88 KB, 800x664) Image search: [Google]
asuspro b8430ua.jpg
88 KB, 800x664
Why doesnt /g/ fap over this instead of thinkpad meme?
>replaceable battery/hdd/ram
>modern specs
>cheaper than lenovo equalevent
>no chinese botnet
>objectively robust as fuck
>actual touchpad buttons
>nipple mouse
>ethernet/fingerprint/smart card/vga/display port/4x usb ports
>>
>>54371098
Brand autism.
>>
>>54371098
Because it has a windows key.
>>
Keyboard looks shitty.
>>
>>54371098
Asus laptops are shitty
>>
>any year
>buying a snsv
been there, done that. Enjoy your battery failure in 7 months, your keyboard failure in 9 and your motherboard failure in 15.
>>
>>54372225
Mine had a bad spacebar from day 1, I sent it in and they refused to service it.
Never again

Their desktop Mobos have went down the shitter anyways
>>
>>54371098
>buying any Asus other than the eeepc
Their regular laptops are fucking ass.
>>
Why can't you configure/buy them from the Asus website?
>>
>>54372173

>looks

Its an amazing keyboard. I have the pu301la and its awesome.
>>
>>54371098
Awful keyboard, for one thing. Also my mom had a Zenbook and the thing was a shitheap. The printing on the keyboard smudged and wore away, USB ports died, eventually the whole thing just bit it within two years.
>>
>>54372225

2 years and going strong.
>>
>>54371098
Not even remotely equal to the Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
>>
>>54372346
>no cooling
>no ports
>shitty keyboard
>muh thinness
Macbooks are nothing more than fashion statements for people who don't really need a laptop at all.
>>
>>54372374
>Macbooks are nothing more than fashion statements for people who don't really need a laptop at all.
And ASSUS laptops are plastic bricks for idiots with no reading comprehension who don't realize the laptop they're mocking was never part of the conversation.
>>
>>54372384
you're the one who had to bring up a laptop that was never part of the conversation, so go collect your plastic brick and leave
>>
File: sides.png (348 KB, 1379x1329) Image search: [Google]
sides.png
348 KB, 1379x1329
>page navigation keys are on the fn layer

eat shit
>>
>>54372374
He said MacBook Pro.
>>
>>54372426
All those negative points still apply to the shitbook "pro".
>>
>>54372444
>cooling
The cooling is fine
>ports
It's got 3 USB3 port and 2 thunderbolt and a multi-card reader. That's enough for me
>keyboard
Keyboard is objective. I actually quite like the sort travel since they give a good bounce. I type quite firm.
>thickness
It's not that thin
>>
>>54372173
>>54372270
These are different than their consumer line. Also keyboard it spill proof

>>54372225
>>54372239
>>54372384
see >>54371110
>>
>>54372466
rmbp 13 has 2 usb ports which is not enough.
>>
>>54372518
speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>54372466
>sort travel
>good bounce
fuck off, facebook baby
>>
>>54371098
how much is it?
>>
Personally I went with Dell. Got their "Small Business" 13" Chromebook. The screen is fucking top notch, the hardware is pretty decent, the build quality is great, and the SSD is user replaceable. It basically has full Linux compatibility and they're working on full Windows compatibility.
>>
>>54371098
>pay $200 for shittiest asus of all time (x205ta)
>runs smooth as fuck, apparently spill proof as well and kind of aesthetic

I might even get one of those when my elitebook dies
>>
>>54372254
Asus does not sell directly to customers.
>>
>>54379389
>EliteBook
>dies

I've had mine for 7 years. Works like a charm.

Gonna put another stick of RAM in it, SSD and a USB3 port into the ExpressSlot. Should run for another 3.
>>
>>54374294
>WAHHHHH PEOPLE ONLINE DISAGREE WITH ME WAHHHH
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.