[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrenting on Comcast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1462154568489.jpg (30 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1462154568489.jpg
30 KB, 500x384
Hello /g/. With Time Warner just having been bought out by Comcast fairly recently, I'm faced with the fact that p2p may not really be an option anymore. Anyone have an experience with torrenting on comcast?
>Inb4 VPN
>>
>>54368232
use private trackers
use bt encryption (force/enable in client)
also d/l plenty of netflix, hulu, and legit torrents (gentoo ISOs) so your inflated bandwidth use doesn't flag anything
>>
File: 75132765.png (9 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
75132765.png
9 KB, 400x640
>>54368232
https://vpn.ccrypto.org/
> €3 / month.
> 1 Gb/s.
> Unlimited bandwidth.
> Not a single byte of the traffic logged.
What is your excuse?
>>
I pirated a lot for like a month or so. Never got anything so I wouldn't know what to tell you.
>>54368303 This seems like good advice.
>>
>>54368315
Not OP but ill consider this if I ever need a VPN.
>>
>>54368232
Torrenting on Comcast sucks dead baby goats.

However, Relax.

Time Warner was purchased by Charter not Cr@pC@st.
Charter is a lot nicer about copyright BS, they are not Nazis unlike CrapCast.
They also do not have data caps unlike CumCrust.

Also like

>>54368279

said, good VPNs are a inexpensive and good investment, setup a separate torrent machine though.
>>
>>54368232
>Time Warner just having been bought out by Comcast
thought that charter just won the approval to buy time warner...
>>
>>54368232
I have enough DMCA notices from comcast to fill a suitcase
>>
>>54368315
>ultraseedbox
comes with vpn
comes with rutorrent
can ssh/scp (SFTP) yourself the files so it looks like not torrent traffic
ez
>>
>>54368279
MOD CENSORSHIP
>>
>>54368364
How many? 2?

>>54368427
The are no mods on /g/ silly.
>>
Just get a vpn if you're worried.
>>
>>54368442
>How many? 2?
Over the years? close to 20 i think
>>
>>54368442
not the same person, but i got like 6 over a month and a half after moving in with some idiots, nothing has happened
>>
>>54368349

Charter holds a monopoly where I live, throttles me, and sends me emails saying i've been illegally downliading too much shit
>>
Tor. It's free but shit speed.
>>
>>54368232
I've never had any problem except copyright trolls trying to whine at me. Never had more than one claim at once, and never for anything like software or anime. Just be smart and do privates for popular media or music.
>>
>>54368232
Honestly I just stopped seeding on public trackers. Haven't got a notice since then
>>
Don't go overboard and they won't notice.
If they do, they'll send you cease and desist notices.

But seriously, just pony up for a VPN.
>>
>>54368232
why is this shit allowed? isn't internet basically a monopoly now?
>>
>>54368614
Allegedly torrent clients leak your IP over Tor.
>>
About the only thing I still torrent is music. What is the safest way to do this? I just lost 30 gigs of music in a hard drive failure. Wanna rebuild with with properly encoded flac files
>>
>>54368695
jewcd
>>
>>54368695

Just get a cheap but reliable vpn
>>
>>54368695
>current year
>not keeping backups
>>
>>54368706
Literally autism to get an account. I have no problem seeding and keep a good ration with other trackers but I never intend to make my own torrents. They all these encoding questions that I couldn't care less about

>>54368716
If I do then go where to download? Just want flac files

>>54368874
Had everything backed up but music files. Some of the files in my music folder were shit rate MP3s from the napster/limewire days so maybe this is a blessing in disguise
>>
My father who pays for Comcast®©™ actually just told me about an email he got saying to stop torrenting. He's never gotten one in the five years he's had it.
>>
Time Warner was bought by Charter, you mouth breathing fucktard.
>>
File: 1457484626602.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457484626602.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
>>54368232
Did they finally do that? Put enough money in the government's pocket and those whores will allow you to so anything.

Torrent is the same as anywhere else. They don't have the manpower to track you. They abide by the letters, they'll make a pop-up appear on your screen if they send Comcast a letter. They have a 3 strike rule where I think you get cut off for a year? I don't really remember.

Source: I used to work there. This is all I remember. People still pirate and Comcast doesn't really care except they have to pretend to care.

Did you think a company that hires people of which 90% of the people can't transfer you to the correct department would bother/be capable of tracking you?
>>
>be murican
>download p2p
>get fucked

pick 3
>>
File: disregard_constabulary.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
disregard_constabulary.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
Sorry for hijacking this thread with my cancerous kraut post, but I just have to ask.

Is Germany literally the only place worse than America for P2P/torrents? People always talk as if anything is better than America but I can hardly imagine they take Germany into the equation.

I mean, you burgers at least get some bullshit strikes and meaningless emails before they only cut off your service.

Here, you download one thing from a public tracker, if you get caught, you immediately get a cease and desist order, no warning or anything. The letter comes with a fine anywhere between ~500-1000€.
You can usually get a lawyer to get them down to 100€ or less, but you have to pay regardless.

The only thing is that ISPs don't monitor your traffic (I think they're not allowed to?). But there are a shitload of private lawyers over half of all public trackers and even some private trackers now, who just get IPs of all German seeders and send them straight to a court.

I mean, you can get around this with a VPN easily, but still, one leak/fuck up paired with a bit of bad luck and you're boned.
>>
File: 1244568214486.png (132 KB, 262x340) Image search: [Google]
1244568214486.png
132 KB, 262x340
>>54371791
That is such total bullshit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.