[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best distro for a Windows laptop, /g/? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ubuntuMATE16.04.png (838 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ubuntuMATE16.04.png
838 KB, 1920x1080
What's the best distro for a Windows laptop, /g/?

I haven't been here since 2012 and the last time I tried to install anything other than Windows the battery life was atrocious.

Considering pic related, any better ideas? Keep in mind I don't care for a distribution that makes me set up everything manually.
>>
>>54363960
This is actually pretty legit. I would chose between Mate or Xubuntu.
>>
>>54363960
Anything you like
>>
>bars on top and bottom
DELETE THIS
t. REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54363960
windows 10
all loonux distros are shite.
>>
Mate or xfce tbqh
>>
>>54364564
This desu
Windows 10 is better than most distributions
>>
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Linux_distribution
Most of these are good.
>>
>>54364877
>>54364564
1. if you're going to use windows, 7 professional is the best choice.

2. every debian-based lignux distro (which extends to all of the ubuntu variants) i've used has had a much easier time with hardware compatibility on "pc" laptops than windows. including bluetooth devices. this sold me immediately and i've been using xubuntu as my main driver for 3 years now. xubuntu rests on the main hd in my clevo w670szq, and windows 7 hangs out on a secondary ssd drive for the very rare occasions i need it for something work-related. xubuntu worked OOTB with my daily use laptop, and the other 3 shittops i own. on the other hand, windows, as per usual, required hunting down tons of drivers for webcams, trackpads, integrated intel gpu, and so much more.

tldr: windows a shit, and modern lignux distros blow it the fuck out of the water hands down. between performance, hardware compatibility, real package management, and the fact that it's fucking FOSS, it should be enough to convert anyone who isn't a tween or a total fucking tech-illiterate moron. not to mention that i can keep my shit stable by sticking to LTS releases, while keeping the important shit up-to-date (like the kernel) through debian repos and PPAs.

tldrdr: you're both dumb niggers.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.