[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books will help you not necessarily become a good programmer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: c.jpg (16 KB, 260x341) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
16 KB, 260x341
What books will help you not necessarily become a good programmer in a particular language, but rather a great programmer in general?
>>
>>54362958
Math books
>>
SICP
Thinking Forth
Higher Order Perl
Art of Computer Pogrammer by Knuth
>>
>>54362958
Experience. Books don't teach that.
>>
The Quaran
>>
>>54364188
Also the Biable
>>
File: dp.jpg (82 KB, 520x648) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
82 KB, 520x648
>>54362958
>>
>>54364188
solid kek
>>
File: 1461211086923.jpg (56 KB, 506x662) Image search: [Google]
1461211086923.jpg
56 KB, 506x662
>>54362958
The pragmatic programmer.
>>
>>54364188
The Quran is actually a great math book. Anybody who consistently reads the Quran will be much more intelligent in the maths.

The Quran shows the beginning of math, science and technology. In fact, if it weren't for the muslims, science and technology would be far worse than what it is today. But Allah knew this and there is nothing of the future that he didn't know.

"We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things?"

The ancient Egyptians were the Muslims before, They are but a glimpse of what the world could have been. But the world is of sin, and so Allah sent down Mohammed, Peace Upon Him, to teach the world the great teachings of Allah.

"And in truth We have made the Qur'an easy to remember; but is there any that remembereth?"

Many are blind to the truth, because the capitalist world leads men astray from the word of Allah. Capitalism is a product of Iblees (or the Christian Devil) and all it succeeds to do is to feed the fat men and become an object of lust of the comman man.

"We have not heard of this in later religion. This is naught but an invention."
>>
>>54362958
Actually, the C programming language is a great introduction to programming in general.
>>
Guys how fucked am I if I just do a few 10 hour codeacademy courses and then read books?
I think code academy might form some bad habits.
>>
>>54366457
muhammad was a pedophile
>>
>>54366534
codecademy is crap if you actually want to learn anything
>>
>>54366785
isn't it better than nothing? I just find it extremely easy to "learn" the basics that way while I'm busy doing something else and I do learn a bit but I know It probably isn't that useful.
>>
>>54366830
It's good to learn syntax, it's bad for learning how to program.

It's fine to start with codecademy, just make sure you follow a more sophisticated course next.
>>
>>54366457

if it wasnt for the hindus, there'd be no binary, actually no decimal system, the arab were traders. i cant stand this MY CULTURE CREATED everything bs.
>>
>>54366127
nice meme
>>
>>54362958
>What books will help you not necessarily become a good programmer in a particular language, but rather a great programmer in general?

Thats a retarted statement.

Thats like saying:
>What books will help me not necessarily become a good martial artist in a particular style but rather a great martial artist in general?

This doesnt exist. You get good with one style and overcome the other styles.
>>
File: Gogophercolor.png (131 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Gogophercolor.png
131 KB, 1024x1024
Any good place to get pdf/epubs of programming books?
>>
>>54367113
Google the gentoomen library
>>
>>54367113
So here's the trick. Find the book you're looking for, find a sample of said book, most sites have a 2 chapter sample or some shit. Copy a couple of sentences and post it into google search verbatim with a couple of quotes, look through the files and find the first one with the PDF extension and there's your free book.
>>
>>54366879
Thanks rajeet
>>
>>54367121

noice m8, thanks

>>54367158
good trick, thanks anon
>>
>>54366879
>if hindus invented it, it'd never be reinvented by anyone else
Fuck off pajeet. The decimal system would've just come from someone else. And maybe even done better since they weren't indian.
>>
>>54367158
hey, this is pretty crafty, thanks. Usually the title + pdf works but every now and then there's a textbook I cannot find for the life of me
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.