[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy image related on /g/'s recommendation (not for gaymen)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: mx-master-gallery[1].png (84 KB, 652x560) Image search: [Google]
mx-master-gallery[1].png
84 KB, 652x560
>Buy image related on /g/'s recommendation (not for gaymen)
>Scroll wheel fails within 2 weeks
>Return to Amazon
>Get replacement
>Scroll wheel fails within a week
>Return for refund
>Buy from local retailer
>Only one left in stock
>Costs £10 more than from Amazon
>Take a chance
>Scroll wheel fails within a week
>Return for refund
>Logitech refuses to acknowledge there is a problem despite numerous threads on their forums and emails to support.

I have been a happy MX Revolution user for some years now. I needed to replace it as the battery does not last as long and it does not track on certain surfaces. But considering how shit QC is with Logitech these days I am considering alternative manufacturers.

Are there any others with that nice ratcheting to free spin scroll wheel or am I stuck getting an older MX Performance instead?
>>
>>54361688
/g/ would not recommend a meme-tier mouse, you lying cunt
>>
>>54361720
I wish I had capped the thread. Oh well believe what you will. Anyhow. As to my question?
>>
>>54361739
so, you admit you're dumb for not falling for it twice, but three times?
Even i learned my lesson with razer after the second time they failed within a year.

Let me recommend Zowie here. Do whatever.
>>
>>54361688
>buys goods in america, expects quality
>>
>>54362372
UK actually but same I guess.
>>
>>54361688
been using the mx master for about 6 months now, everything is working perfectly. what do you do to your scroll wheel?
>>
>>54361688
What the hell? Nobody recommends the MX Master. We recommend the G502.
>>
>>54362922
Cum on it. But seriously. Nothing unusual. Same as you most likely. I think there is a particularly bad batch doing the rounds since around February. Or perhaps they have tried to cheap out on manufacturing costs recently since the part that engages the ratchet is made out of plastic instead of metal from a photo I found on their forums where someone opened up a used MX Master to 'fix' the problem.
>>
>>54361720
I've seen it recommended here many times.

>>54361688
Werks for me.

How do you break this shit.
>>
>>54362951
I don't like wired mice. I also dislike anything gaymen related.
>>
Why would I get a Master when there is trackball?
>>
>>54363008
As I said it's probably just a bad batch got shipped out recently or they cheaped out on a part in the last few months.
>>
>>54363044
>>54362990
yeah i'd guess so, don't really want to take mine apart to check
>>
I have bought 10 of these in the last year for various people at my work. None have failed. Maybe you should stop being a manchild and mishandling your possessions.
>>
>>54361688
I have a MX Master and it's been working fine for me for 4 months so far. Only thing that's been annoying me has been the battery life. I've been using it through Bluetooth but I swear I have to charge it weekly.
>>
>>54362951
>nobody recommends the MX Master

Just plain wrong, it's recommended nearly as much as the g502.
You're either new or just unobservant.
>>
File: 41evJLPH8RL._SX466_.jpg (26 KB, 466x466) Image search: [Google]
41evJLPH8RL._SX466_.jpg
26 KB, 466x466
The MX Master has achieved meme status on /g/, but Logitech mice are known to have problems. My Anywhere MX emits a very quiet, high pitched noise when I move it. Logitech gave some half ass solution that I think was meant to drain a capacitor but it still makes the noise.

Logitechs also are known to have the ghost click issue, broken scroll wheels, and probably others.

Logitech gets away with it because there aren't many other high end mice that aren't designed to be stupid gamer shit. Who else is there? Razer? Steelseries? Corsair? All ugly gaming abortions like pic related. The rest of it is $20 Chinese garbage. And Microsoft has basically bowed out of the mouse market since their last offering was that piece of shit Arc mouse. Ducky released a mouse a few months ago but I admit that I don't know much about it.
>>
My logitech g9 working for 6 years without issues. Only 1 time I cleared wheel spindle from hair and that's all. Will buy spare scrollwheel and cable to rock this baby for next 10 years.

Is logitech fall this low nowadays? I was thinking on buying g900 for surface as I need wireless mouse with high DPI and micro gear scroll.
>>
I have the MX master too for a couple months now and have NEVER had ANY problems with it so far. The only thing I lack is support for the horizontal scrollwheel (not a lot of applications 'n stuff support it for some reason). Gestures work fine, scrollwheels work fine, buttons work fine.

Maybe you're just using the mouse like a retard?
>>
>>54361906
Dude, stop with all the hostility. OP is being very mature in thread.
>>
My logitech G9X still works like new after 7-8 years. I bought a G502 recently and it has worked great for 4 months so far.

I don't understand how people break their stuff.
>>
File: hz7074Q.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
hz7074Q.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>54363174
>>54363174
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/MX-Master-scroll-wheels-sporadically-stops-working/td-p/1385201

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/MX-Master-Stuck-in-Free-Spin-Mode/m-p/1510287#M74716

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Logitech-MX-Master-Possible-Fix-for-ratcheting-mechanism/m-p/1510090#M74698

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Ratchet-broken-on-scroll-wheel-of-MX-Master/m-p/1507691#M74481

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvhs6tMZmjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhnvLOyBM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCq0oM8twc
>>
>>54361688
>Logitech
NEVER EVER
>>
>>54361688
I thought I was the only one OP.
>>
>>54361688
It works for me.
>>
>>54361688

Had mine for a year with no problems. Just be careful with your fat ass sausage fingers.

Only cordless mouse I have ever liked.
>>
>>54361688
Get a trackball if you want alternate surface use. cant beat it
>>
>>54363608
Had my g502 for over a year and it still works like the day i got it. i love that thing.
>>
>>54361688
Steelseries rival. Hands down the est mouse I've used.
>>
What do you guys use the additionnal buttons for?
>>
>>54367986
even faster shitposting
>>
Had mine for nearly a year and works fine for me.
One thing though; HOW do you get it to work wired?
People of /g/ say you can use it as a wired mouse but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I think they're lying. But why would someone lie on the internet?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.