[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First project for web dev?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1460437180167.jpg (51 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1460437180167.jpg
51 KB, 700x700
Should I just buy a domain and host a website? What's an interesting project to tackle for a beginner learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript?
>>
File: 1461697000863.gif (480 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1461697000863.gif
480 KB, 141x141
>>54360403
> HTML, CSS, JavaScript
> interesting
>>
>>54360403
Why not start with free hosting and domain?
>>
>>54360403
Classic imageboard

Pick up Python/Django along with it for extra fun and career opportunities. Don't be a node cuck
>>
>>54360403
>buy a domain and host a website
No. Try Openshift or Heroku. Be sure to configure a uptimerobot.com account to keep applications alive.

>project to tackle for a beginner learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
Eh, you could always mash data up from a lot of APIs to get something interesting.
You need a db and a server to do more "interesting stuff" that require persistence of data.
>>
If the goal is to learn html, css and javascript, No.

Start by setting up something basic.
Just local, save the html and open it in your browser.

Then you spin up a container (lxc or docker, jails whatever) and put it on that.
Then you add the IP of the container to your hosts file and call it example.com or something.
You could also setup a dns server on your computer if you want to if want to make all computers on your network to go to that server when they enter example.com.

It shouldn't take you long to learn how to use these tools, complete beginners will have a working setup in less than a day.
Now you have the tools to setup a website.

Then you focus on learning how to make a website?
>>
Become an internet for me Bobby I love you
>>
>>54360403
get a free hosting.

If you doing only static pages, github pages are alright.

If you want PHP, 000webhost.

If you want Django, pythonanywhere.

If you want anything else, heroku. I found it personally a pain in the ass and never used it tho.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.