[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's pretty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUs _YrLvA0k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1294436354922.png (31 KB, 468x494) Image search: [Google]
1294436354922.png
31 KB, 468x494
It's pretty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUs_YrLvA0k
>>
>>54360349
That's an amazing construction project.
>>
>have a 1 hour lunch/gym break
>start walking to the gym
>arrive there 25 mins later because you have to walk massive distances
>it's time to walk back again
>finally time to go home at 9pm
>need to walk 25 mins to the parking lot
It's too big
>>
>>54360479
You are doing it wrong. You wake up at 5am, go to the gym and the go to work.
>>
>>54360510
Then why are they building a huge gym inside the campus
>>
>Quality Apple design strikes again
>Buy land in one of the most expensive places on Earth for offices
>Only a mere fraction of the actual site is used for offices
>>
>>54360537
For the people that are doing ti wrong like you. Maybe some stay after hours to go to the gym, or maybe the gym opens up very early so they can go before work.
>>
>>54360546
More green is nice
>>
File: shit design.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
shit design.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>54360576
trees and grass don't make you money
>>
>>54360591

Trees and Grass block vision from the outside world.

Disney World in Florida does the exact same thing. They bought a fuck ton of land and build their resort in the middle of it. They have an obscene amount of land so they can distance themselves away from the main road/outside world.

I would not be shocked if the same principle is in play here, where they believe that minimizing the view of the outside world would reduce distractions and help immerse their employees in their environment and work better.

Also, with that surplus land, if Apple wants to expand the campus in some way, they've got the land to do it.
>>
>>54360631
>minimizing the view of the outside world would reduce distractions

don't put windows in then
>>
>>54360668
Throwing people in windowless offices is a production reducing distraction in itself.
>>
>>54360479
Oh darn, you figured it out

Nobody has thought of this before!!
>>
>>54360349
>1 infinite loop

All of these faggots can go die day deaths
>>
>>54360349
>Mountain of dirt is as tall as the main building
and here I thought the main building was the dirt
>>
>>54360349
I don't understand what the hype is all about. Looks pretty boring. They should have at least made the the building in the shape of an apple logo.
>>
>>54360546
It'll be made of asbestos and lead paint and lots of other last generation building materials.

No adobe flashing though. They will use regular aluminum flashing despite it not working very well.
>>
>>54360349
Looks pretty cool, I wonder how much it costs. I'm guessing over a billion, because that's how much the Dallas Cowboys stadium was.
>>
>>54361700
apple has 10 billions gains every few months, they could build 30-40 1 billion buildings per year.
>>
>>54361700
I think they planned it to cost $5 billion initially
>>
>>54360479
>25 minute walk
>massive distance
Fat fucking cunt
>>
>Samsung builds a new oblique ellipse headquarters.
>>
>>54360479
>implying you're allowed to leave
>>
>>54360349
Looks nice but where's the "innovation" it's just a circular building.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.