[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: a.jpg (77 KB, 459x580) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
77 KB, 459x580
Does this kike keep track of everything I do?
I once searched up a girl I was stalking when I was OFFLINE and I logged on later to find that facebook is RECOMMENDING ME TO SEND HER A FRIEND REQUEST.
I'm super paranoid about facebook guys , wat do?
>>
>>54360005
>RECOMMENDING ME TO SEND HER A FRIEND REQUEST
just as you should.
>>
So send it you sperg
>>
>>54360005
Welcome to the privacy-raping world of third party coolies. I'll be your guide.

Install this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/

And go forth and be free.
>>
>>54360058
this is nice as long as you don't want to re-open accidentally closed tabs often
>>
>>54360138
or re-opening previous sessions
>>
>>54360138
>>54360156
Self-Destrucing Cookies does not tamper with your history, only your cookies.
>>
File: a.jpg (54 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
54 KB, 478x359
>>54360018
>>54360024
And let my friends and family see that I have somebody from another country on my friends list?
Oh Hell no , having social media is hard enough , but i'm not going to risk fucking my shit up.

>>54360058
That's for Mozilla though , is Mozilla better than Chrome?
>>
>>54360005
is this moot?
>>
>>54360215
It's entirely up to your preference. All modern browsers are pretty much at the same level of performance these days, so it's completely up to user preference.
>>
>>54360005
you better believe it, And im not sure if it's possible for others to see who has viewed their profile but it wouldn't take much for facebook to all of the sudden enable such a feature one day.

you better get out of that kikes surveilence system while you still can.
>>
>>54360200
but you have to log in again on every single site every time
>>
How do you search up a girl while offline?
>>
>>54360412
And how do you think they track you?
>>
>>54360266
> to see who has viewed their profile
> to see who has viewed YOUR profile
i would like that feature
>>
>>54360412
whitelist the shit that doesn't track you dum dum
>>
>>54360443
thx captain, much appreciate it
>>
File: a.jpg (81 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
81 KB, 640x427
>>54360226
yes
>>
>>54360433
with their own cookies? which facebook can do on every site that has its plugin module? but they shouldnt be able to track/identify you with other sites cookies.
>>
>>54360437
that would only make things creepier.

i remember about 5 years ago when i first tried facebook within about a week of creating my account i had friend requests from people i hadn't spoken to in years...

That literally means they were googling and facebook searching my name.... Just let that shit sink in for a minute...

These are people that i hadn't spoken to in over 15 years, Some of which i parted with voluntariarly.

I deactivated that shit and never went back.
>>
lol you idiots amaze me

like why would they not track you at the IP level

do you really think 'muh noscript' is doing anything for you?

l2internet pl0x
>>
>>54360429
>search up name on google
>there's a search bar next to the list of people
>type their name in there
There's not REALLY that much info in there though or fb , twitter etc. want to make you create an account if you wanna view their friends or likes etc.
>>
>>54360505
>That literally means they were googling and facebook searching my name
highly unlikely.
>>
I'm just sad that they removed the graph search. Shit was cash to stalk on random women.
>>
>>54360493
They can't identify you with other site's cookies, but they can say, "The guy who was searching for Y person a lot just logged in as X." Most sites have a Facebook button these days, meaning that Facebook is pretty much able to effectively track you across most of the internet using their third party cookie.
>>
File: a.png (436 KB, 629x387) Image search: [Google]
a.png
436 KB, 629x387
>>54360526
tripfags are NOT welcome in my thread >:(
>>
>>54360535
how did they find me then? keep in mind this was 5 years ago when facebook didn't have half the features they have now.
>>
>>54360005
>I'm super paranoid about facebook guys , wat do?

Don't use facebook?
>>
>>54360569
exactly how i knew it. Then all you/we have to do is disable facebook cookies outside *facebook.com* right?

>>54360584
well if you had any info filled in, like school or already had some friends it could guess it
>>
>>54360505
OR it's because facebook shows them their friends friends under "people you might know" so they were like oh I remember this guy from highschool and added you?

You're autistic as fuck, stay in the basement where you belong.
>>
>>54360604
>it could guess it
either way, weather some algorythm found me or they did it's 100creepy500me.
>>
>>54360590
I can't man , all normies have it and suddenly deleting it would seem REAL suspicious
(plus the girl i was stalking had social media so i was hoping it was going to be easy finding her account.)
>>
>>54360611
my feed always shows me to follow czuckerberg. kek

>>54360623
sure, you can still use g+ :^)
>>
>>54360611
i will, and you stay in the control grid where you belong normster.
>>
>>54360505
sometimes it's just the "people you might know" tab.
but for others it's not. i had barely anything in my profile and hadn't even added many people but all the sudden i had a request from my ex.
>>
>>54360678
>ex adds you
thats the creepy part, not facebook suggesting it
>>
File: fb.jpg (107 KB, 960x739) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
107 KB, 960x739
It's worse than you think goy.
>>
How can you search if you're offline?
Checkmate nigger
>>
>>54360637
Why would you care what normos do?
>>
>>54360799
I already seem pretty ''weird'' , if people knew I had no social media (or skills for that matter) I would feel like shit since I haven't ever met anyone like me .
>>
>>54360477
Why does he always make that stupid face when posing for selfies?
>>
>>54360577
SEE, he did it again!
>>
>>54360883
Because he doesn't have a decent photo face, much like the rest of us.
>>
>>54360920
Doesn't matter. Everyone already knows what he looks like so making those stupid faces only serves to ruin the photos.
Like when girls push their lips and pose sideways for photos, it's just stupid. like this>:w
>>
>>54360005
>Actually using the facebook

NORMIES GET OUT
>>
>>54360505
they probably were searching for you before you had an account.
when you created it, fb automatically showed your profile to them as a suggestion.
>>
>>54360766
No they don't, how could they do that?
>>
>>54361412

The facebook tracking pixel (i.e. the little "like me on facebook" symbol) tracks a lot of stuff, even if you are not a facebook member or not logged in at facebook.

You should install "DISCONNECT" to get rid of most tracking stuff..
>>
>>54362024
Doesn't uBlock Origin block it?
>>
>>54362024
source?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.