[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackarch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: ba-logo.png (27 KB, 410x479) Image search: [Google]
ba-logo.png
27 KB, 410x479
Friendly thread open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.
>>
What does this offer that vanilla Arch doesn't? And on that note, why this over something like Kali?
>>
hi followed the tutorial for install but do not see any menu items for blackarch. am i missing something?
>>
>>54359886
so it's just arch with a shitty DE and hack tools from kali pre installed?
>>
Did you fucking make arch even edgier?
>>
What's so black about it? Big booty bitches, money, poppa cap bix nood muh dik kangs?
>>
So it's a distro made for skiddies who can't even install skiddie tools themselves?
>>
>>54359980
I think that's Kali senpai. Blackarch is still Arch
>>
>>54359923
OP u there? any anon can help?
>>
>>54359908
isnt arch and kali basically the same and i think arch has a larger user base
>>
>>54360003
So they're not only stupid but also neets?
>>
>>54360071
They cater to the same audience but they're in fact very different distros
>>
>>54359923
did u install as root user and did u follow the manual?

http://blackarch.org/downloads.html#install-repo

>click that shit nigger
>>
>>54360089
yeah i run arch with xforce. i chose arch since i was able to find more relevant material and documentation
>>
>>54359886
Blackarch, so that non-security professionals feel warm and fuzzy when they learn to install packages.

Blackarch is useless, unstable and unpractical for the field. The only reason Kali exists is for convenience on a pentest. If you have the time of configuring tools, why even bother with Blackarch? Why not install them yourself?

As I said, it is pointless and unstable.
>>
File: youbetterclickthatshit.jpg (49 KB, 480x404) Image search: [Google]
youbetterclickthatshit.jpg
49 KB, 480x404
>>54360110
I got you senpai
>>
>>54360110
hi anon i did follow the manual and installed as root. everything says it went well, but i be damned if i can locate any of the tools. should i try a reinstall or something?
>>
>>54359886
Why did that fat man stick a martini swizzle stick up his micropenis? It looks painful.
>>
>>54360132
I wouldnt say it's pointless but yeah you really should be forking your tools and installing them from source. I use blackarch though when I'm lazy and the packages are generally newer than kali.
>>
>>54360132
This guy here.

>>54360205
You really hit the nail with forking repos, thats the way to do it. Also, remember to check source code. Mimikatz had a line of code that alerted someone.
>>
>>54360132
This guy likes it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295948/Black-Dragon-cyber-criminal-tried-hack-UN-computers-steal-6-5million-carbon-credits-jailed-years.html
>>
>>54359886
looks more like redarch..... readache..... headache.
>>
>>54359886
What happened to arch assault? I heard there was a falling out in the mainters and now there is arch strike and black arch. Which do you think is better and why?
>>
>>54359886
OP I am a noob reseller host (apache) and am constantly being attacked. Would Blackarch help in identifying breaches?
>>
>>54360230
*alerted someone mimikatz was on their system by turning on a red light for a $40 USB addon. Gotta sleep havent slept. Anyways, like I said, many skids use Kali. But the reality is, when in a rush on a test you'd want every tool installed.

If you have time, go ahead an install blackarch.. but I rather fork the tools I need and install them myself on a distro I have hardened and configured myself.
>>
ok guiz noob is back. I did follow all the directions and still nothing. if i did want to install manually the pentest tools what would be the best ones to start off with?
>>
>>54360532
With the ones you need.....

What do you want to pentest? Web apps? Are you an exploit developer? Wifi cracking?
>>
>>54360659
Yeah I'm a noob reseller host and trying to find out why my server keeps getting rekt. I have blocked out all nations xcept for USA for now until I can find the breach. So it could be anything from I am being monitored (possible but doubt it) to outdated server software or 0dayexploit is the phrase I think? (most likely)
>>
>>54359886
now that's edgy
>>
How to hack minecraft servers? Please no bullying, im here to learn.
>>
>>54361480
the whole world going to shit and you want to hack minecraft... stopit
>>
File: average_arch_user.jpg (138 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
average_arch_user.jpg
138 KB, 600x960
>>54359886
>>
>>54361657
NOW THATS

E
D
G
Y
>>
>>54360757
Gonna go over basicas, but have you blocked all ports, whitelisting the bare minimum you absolutely need? Using keys instead of passwords, not allowing remote login of root, if you have access to the physical server, blocking port 22 on your router?
>>
>>54361667
Unsurprisingly, it's also a user of the "linux[sic]masterrace" subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/3pfbqp/got_my_bachelors_in_infosec_and_celebrated_with_a/
>>
>>54360083
ouch
>>
>>54361687
thank you anon i will get to looking into all this. whm has a remote access section that i never looked at. that may be the key i was looking for.
>>
>>54361657
Now that's dedication
>>
>>54361687
OK I reset remote access key, thanks anon. I hope that was the problem. Guess I will know in a few days.
>>
>>54360164
Based image
>>
>>54359886
What's BlackArch?
Is it Arch for niggers?
>>
>>54359886
Dark and edgy like my soul. A thinking man's OS
>>
>>54362775
maybe word pun for blackOPs
>>
>>54362856
tango tango blackarch down kek
>>
>>54359957
you spelled cringier wrong
>>
>>54360003
Blackarch is an Kali that breaks.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.