[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point in spending more on 1080p for a 32-inch TV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 32nc.jpg (36 KB, 609x413) Image search: [Google]
32nc.jpg
36 KB, 609x413
Is there any point in spending more on 1080p for a 32-inch TV? Just going to put it in my dorm room and watch netflix / play games.
>>
File: resolution_chart.png (52 KB, 907x619) Image search: [Google]
resolution_chart.png
52 KB, 907x619
It depends on how far you're going to be from the screen.
There's some disagreement about when the exact cut offs are, but here's an example I've seen a lot. You can google for more information.
Also, this would probably should have been posted in the stupid questions thread.
>>
>>54356279
Depends how fussy you are about resolution I guess.

I still use a 720p TV as my main screen.
>>
>>54356279
Do you like to crawl right up to your TV and eyeball every pixel from 6 inches away? No? Then don't bother.
>>
>>54356279
I- I don't- I can't- can you even BUY sub-1080p TVs anymore?? What the fuck?
>>
>>54357420
Probably like half of 32-inch TVs on the market are 720p. I see them on slickdeals all the time.
>>
>>54356405
For those who don't understand the obsolete units used on the chart, the vertical axis is in basically in saundaungs and the units on the horizontal axis are basically 1/1000th of a league.
>>
>>54356279

32" tvs aren't expensive anymore so why did you even make this thread?

You can buy a 32" tv in 1080p today that's a smart tv for the price of like a fucking 19" 720p lcd 10 years ago.
>>
>>54356279
Nope

32" is fucking small i find 50" to be a nice size atm.

Get a 48-52" 1080p tv and a 28" 4K monitor.

There is fuck all 4k content out there anyway and the best thing about it is the bigger bitrates anyway.
>>
>>54356279
ignore the contrarians you're going to watch it alone anyway
good spending op
>>
>>54356279
>Just going to put it in my dorm room and watch netflix / play games.
You will be fine with a 32 inches 1080p. The current consols barely support 1080p
>>
>>54357958
I don't see your flag up here, commie.
>>
>>54356405
That graph is fucking retarded.
>>
In my case it was worth it. I use my 32 hdtv as my main monitor, too. At the distance i was at, 720p was pixelated and 1080p is noticeably better. For just watching TV and shows from the bed it prob makes no diff.
>>
>>54357975
Smart TVs are garbage and unnecessary if you have a video game console.
>>
Just drop down to 27" and get a much better 1080p IPS display that will also have much less input lag for gaming. Also smart TVs tend to have a fuck-ton of bad input-lag/response time, even by TV standards, for whatever reason.

Also I'm pretty sure you can get TV/Monitor hybrids from Samsung that are like Monitors, but with TV features like a remote and multiple HDMI ports.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.